Creation of Angels.

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

YEC
Sage

Creation of Angels.

Post #1

Post by YEC »

I have a question for some of the Theo-Evos out there.

Did God create angels or did they evolve?

harvey1
Prodigy

Post #21

Post by harvey1 »

YEC wrote:I understand exactly your answer. I asked if angels evolved from a lower form of species and your answer was that angels "do" ....evolved.....You never addressed the actual angel.
All of them have a derived existence. Look at this way, if God created the angels before the universe, this leaves only 2 options, God is "in time" and the angels came temporally before the universe, or, the passage of time began with the universe, in which case the angels came 'before' the universe in that the angels were derived first - then the universe. Since God, in my view, exists outside of time, the latter is my view - hence they draw their existence from God as derivations (or approximations) of his infinite nature.

I can't explain my position any more straightforward than that. I'm sorry if this isn't the answer you are looking for.

YEC
Sage

Post #22

Post by YEC »

If I read you correctly, it sounds like you are saying that the angels were created prior to the universe.

Yes?

harvey1
Prodigy

Post #23

Post by harvey1 »

YEC wrote:If I read you correctly, it sounds like you are saying that the angels were created prior to the universe. Yes?
'Prior' should be understood in the same sense that an axiom is 'before' one of its derived theorems. If that is your understanding, then my answer is 'yes'.

Dilettante
Sage

Post #24

Post by Dilettante »

YEC wrote:
Did the angels evolve from more primitive species or did God create them?
Aren't the angels spiritual beings? Why would a spiritual being evolve from material ancestors? As non-physical entities, angels fall outside the province of biology.

This is not very important, but perhaps it should be remembered that angels, if they exist, would not necessarily look like an artist's traditional interpretation of them. Perhaps angels don't have wings. For all we know, they may look just like the late Michael Landon...

YEC
Sage

Post #25

Post by YEC »

maybe thats the next evolutionary step????

Dilettante
Sage

Post #26

Post by Dilettante »

You mean becoming spiritual beings or becoming Michael Landon?
:)