Thumbs up

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

YEC
Sage

Thumbs up

Post #1

Post by YEC »

Evolutionist like to assume that just because man appears to have shared some features with apes and gorillas it means that it descended from a common ancestor. Of course, there could be a problem with this thought concerning the fragmented skulls presented as evidence.
Creatures often have similar features which evolutionists do not believe are derived from a common ancestor. For instance, the giant panda and the red panda are similar enough to both be called pandas, down to their sesamoid thumbs (the only creatures to have them), but they are believed to have no close relationship. The giant panda is believed to have descended from bears and the red panda from the racoon. The evolutionist call this evolution of their thumbs, "Convergent Evolution". This process is said to have made the thumbs of both pandas alike . If it can happen in that instance, on what basis does the evolutionist claim the so-called homologous features of the ape prove descent from a common ancestor and not convergent evolution?

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #21

Post by bernee51 »

seventil wrote:
bernee51 wrote: For a start I know of no evolutionist of any note who claims man descended from apes. Most would offer the opinion that apes and man had a common ancestor.
That's what I meant. I was defending the scientific methods of scientists. YEC had stated that the reason for primates and humans having a common ancestor was because of similiar organs (thumbs, heart, etc). I was merely hoping for a better explanation on what exactly he was saying.

Sorry I worded it confusingly. ;)
I just re-read you post and NOW understand what you were saying.

And I second Jose's appreciation.