Evidence for Creationism?

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Evidence for Creationism?

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

Taking evolution, Big Bang, and abiogenesis out of the equation. What is the evidence for creationism?

Can creationism stand on its own merit?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

DeMotts
Scholar

Post #381

Post by DeMotts »

[Replying to Hector Barbosa]

Why do you never respond to any of the specific evidence that keeps getting posted?

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #382

Hector Barbosa wrote: [Replying to post 378 by DanieltheDragon]

I assume you are joking or simply offended from your argument being called out on false claims to evidence, just like the ingredients you listed which are evidence of the God who created them ;)

Mix all the ingredients and cook the pancakes well and you are a God of pancakes :D
Not offended nor did you call out my argument at all but simply ignored the skeletal evidence presented.

Trolls get fed pancakes, you make ridiculous claims and ignore evidence to the contrary. Your tactics are to stir people up and not actually defend your claims.

What you do respond to apparently is pancake recipes.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar

1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup f
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #383

DeMotts wrote: [Replying to Hector Barbosa]

Why do you never respond to any of the specific evidence that keeps getting posted?
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional respone.

All his posts have been
1. Inflammatory
2. Extraneous
3. Off topic

None have been defended, just a bunch of gobledy gook. Waffle and pancakes are a cure to internet trolls though.

Plumbus Grumbo
Apprentice

Post #384

Post by Plumbus Grumbo »

If you don't mind, could you list the evidence you have presented so far? I will do my best to answer those questions or admit that I don't have an answer to that issue.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #385

Plumbus Grumbo wrote:

If you don't mind, could you list the evidence you have presented so far? I will do my best to answer those questions or admit that I don't have an answer to that issue.

On page 37 Hector made the claim that sharks are more similar to Dolphins than chimps are to humans. You will see skeletal evidence presented to the contrary.

Plumbus Grumbo
Apprentice

Post #386

Post by Plumbus Grumbo »

DanieltheDragon wrote:
Plumbus Grumbo wrote:

On page 37 Hector made the claim that sharks are more similar to Dolphins than chimps are to humans. You will see skeletal evidence presented to the contrary.
Yes. I read that post and assumed it was tongue in cheek. Surely it wasn't intended seriously?!?

I had hoped to see actual evidence.

Neatras
Guru

Post #387

Post by Neatras »

[Replying to post 386 by Plumbus Grumbo]

Wanna take a swing at the post I made about endogenous retroviruses, which present evidence of common ancestry?

Even if you don't like the skeletons comparison, comparative anatomy is a real field of study.

Plumbus Grumbo
Apprentice

Post #388

Post by Plumbus Grumbo »

Neatras wrote: [Replying to post 386 by Plumbus Grumbo]

Wanna take a swing at the post I made about endogenous retroviruses, which present evidence of common ancestry?

Even if you don't like the skeletons comparison, comparative anatomy is a real field of study.
I've not read that post. I don't make claims as to there being one ancestor or more than one. I think it's more intriguing and worthy of study to imagine two or three until that endeavor is ruled out.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #389

Plumbus Grumbo wrote:
Neatras wrote: [Replying to post 386 by Plumbus Grumbo]

I've not read that post. I don't make claims as to there being one ancestor or more than one. I think it's more intriguing and worthy of study to imagine two or three until that endeavor is ruled out.
There is a field of biologists studying this very thing. While it remains possible that there were multiple abiogensises, there simply isn't enough evidence that has been discovered to support the idea.

If that interests you it should be something to look at.

DeMotts
Scholar

Post #390

Post by DeMotts »

[Replying to post 384 by Plumbus Grumbo]
In post 335 I presented an argument referencing the 2nd human chromosome after Hector made the unsupported statement that chimps and man aren't alike. I also presented fossil evidence of hominid cranial development in support of a hypothesis that humans and apes evolved from a common ancestor.