Your Thoughts

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

theStudent
Guru

Your Thoughts

Post #1

Post by theStudent »

There are many people who believe that we are not being told the truth about the universe.
One example of this is:
The sun is said to be about 93 million miles away from earth, and travelling at the speed of light, light reaches the earth about 8 minutes, 20 seconds.
If our eyes cannot see millions of miles in the distance, how can we see the shape of the sun, in the sky, in the same way we see the moon, both being about the same size.

What do you think?
How would you answer these questions?
John 8:32
. . .the truth will set you free.

psychoslice
Student

Re: Your Thoughts

Post #31

Post by psychoslice »

[Replying to post 1 by theStudent]

Does it really matter, we are here and that what matters, who really cares how we came here, I don't, I just simply live my life to its fullest.

Neatras
Guru

Re: Your Thoughts

Post #32

Post by Neatras »

[Replying to post 31 by psychoslice]

Fortunately, there are those willing to step up to the plate and find answers to these questions. Because these answers have real world implications that can improve our livelihoods.

Without understanding heliocentrism, we'd never have gotten satellites into orbit. Without our understanding of genetics, modern medicine would be reduced to herbal remedies. And without evolutionary theory, our ability to tinker with our bodies and minds would be null.

Living your life to the fullest is a respectable venture. But you would do well to remember that the "fullness" you enjoy comes from discoveries and invention by those who fulfill their lives by learning about the world as it is, and not falling for deceit or delusion.