Are there eulogizers of science out of blind-faith?

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

All those people who have not performed all the experiments of Sciences themselves yet they believe in Science doing things science does not claim to be concerned with. They believe in Science out of blind-faith. Right, please?
Regards

Bust Nak
Savant

Re: Are there eulogizers of science out of blind-faith?

Post #2

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to post 1 by paarsurrey1]

Scientists judges science by doing the experiments themselves, laypeople judges science by the tangible result of science in the form of technology. Neither group need to rely on blind-faith. Science gives results that everybody (even those who don't personally do any experiments) can test for themselves.

H.sapiens
Guru

Post #3

Post by H.sapiens »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Are there eulogizers of science out of blind-faith?
All those people who have not performed all the experiments of Sciences themselves yet they believe in Science doing things science does not claim to be concerned with. They believe in Science out of blind-faith. Right, please?
Regards
There's lots of science that I have not personally participated in, but I do not take it on faith, I take it on the collected authority of the entire scientific community, including arguments for and against, titrated against my own training in both scientific method and science in general.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #4

Post by DanieltheDragon »

Regards
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #5

Post by paarsurrey1 »

H.sapiens wrote:
Regards
There's lots of science that I have not personally participated in, but I do not take it on faith, I take it on the collected authority of the entire scientific community, including arguments for and against, titrated against my own training in both scientific method and science in general.
Does one think that the level of a scientist performing an experiment is the same level of the laymen believing in science? Please
Regards

H.sapiens
Guru

Post #6

Post by H.sapiens »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
H.sapiens wrote:
Regards
Does one think that the level of a scientist performing an experiment is the same level of the laymen believing in science? Please
Regards
Not being a layman this is, for me, a low order issue. But there is no reason that a layman can not follow my example, especially if the know how to read and are not afraid to learn something.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #7

Post by paarsurrey1 »

DanieltheDragon wrote:
Regards
A pen will drop to the ground whether one believes in gravity or not. The scientists did not create gravity, they just discovered it. Why not, then, believe in the Being who created it, please?
Regards

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #8

Post by benchwarmer »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote:
Regards
A pen will drop to the ground whether one believes in gravity or not. The scientists did not create gravity, they just discovered it. Why not, then, believe in the Being who created it, please?
Regards
Yes, a pen will drop regardless of your beliefs. Thus, one should not just make up beliefs about gravity (or anything else for that matter). Through observation and experimentation, we have come to understand much about gravity. For anything beyond what we have observed we should not just make up stories and go with it. Thus, there is no point in 'believe in the Being who created it'.

First of all, which 'Being'? Can you point us to the observable evidence that validates this entity even exists? How do you know it's not multiple entities, no entities? Even if there is some god entity, how do you know it created gravity? Maybe it's just working within what was already there? Essentially, you have no evidence of any of this so we may just as well postulate that gravity was created by a council of three unicorns, two pixies, and an angry looking elf if we want to go making up stories.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #9

Post by paarsurrey1 »

[Replying to post 8 by benchwarmer]
Maybe it*'s just working within what was already there?
*Gravity

If I correctly understood one then one means gravity may be working within what was already there.

Please tell us as to what one means from "was already there"? Is it a Being with consciousness or something inanimate with no consciousness at all. Since we are discussing Science, so please don't forget to support one's viewpoint with quotes from:

1.A text book of science
or
2.From an article reviewed by the peers of science and published in a reputed journal of science
and
3.Also please tell us as to which discipline of science is it related to.

Thanks and regards

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #10

Post by Kenisaw »

paarsurrey1 wrote: [Replying to post 8 by benchwarmer]
Maybe it*'s just working within what was already there?
*Gravity

If I correctly understood one then one means gravity may be working within what was already there.

Please tell us as to what one means from "was already there"? Is it a Being with consciousness or something inanimate with no consciousness at all. Since we are discussing Science, so please don't forget to support one's viewpoint with quotes from:

1.A text book of science
or
2.From an article reviewed by the peers of science and published in a reputed journal of science
and
3.Also please tell us as to which discipline of science is it related to.

Thanks and regards
From post #7 by paarsurrey: "Why not, then, believe in the Being who created it, please?"

Before asking people to support stuff they haven't yet written, perhaps you should lead by example and support stuff you have already written...