Scientific search for what is God.

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Scientific search for what is God.

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

JP Cusick wrote:I agree that the Big-Bang gives us very little insight into what is God, and the creation event is only a physical reality with very little to teach about the spiritual side.

It would be better if modern science would search to discover what is God but the people are so intimidated by the reality of God that science can not even talk about it let alone do the research.

The science of the "parallel universe" tells us so much more about our Creator, because if we each do exist in different parallel universes (and I accept that as true) then that does explain how God does gives truth and justices to every person whoever lived.
What would the search to discover what is God if it were to be carried out by modern science?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

marco
Savant

Post #121

Post by marco »

Inigo Montoya wrote: " God is best left alone, proofless and invisible"

That's perfect, Marco.

Unless, of course, you decide to call God consciousness. Or a transcendent aspect-sharing first source of all consciousness. Then display the obvious existence of at least one consciousness. At which point God only remains invisible, yet proven.

We can take anything as our starting premise or as an axiom and build our theological geometry on it. We have then "proved" what we want, assuming our premise is true. Which it isn't, of course!

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: Scientific search for what is God.

Post #122

Post by JP Cusick »

Inigo Montoya wrote: That's the entire point, Dr.

I contend God is the first bag of Tropical Fruit Starbursts, of which we are all bite sized pieces making up a larger, transcendent, invisible bag. Starbursts exists, so I'm well on my way to having proven God as I see fit at defining it.

It's really no more complicated than that.
DrNoGods wrote: Sorry ... I didn't catch that you were being facetious. I do like the idea of being a Tropical Fruit Starburst though ... that could be a lot of fun if you landed in the right bag.
He was not being facetious - he was using a metaphor - FYI.

:idea:
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

H.sapiens
Guru

Post #123

Post by H.sapiens »

JP Cusick wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote: That's the entire point, Dr.

I contend God is the first bag of Tropical Fruit Starbursts, of which we are all bite sized pieces making up a larger, transcendent, invisible bag. Starbursts exists, so I'm well on my way to having proven God as I see fit at defining it.

It's really no more complicated than that.
DrNoGods wrote: Sorry ... I didn't catch that you were being facetious. I do like the idea of being a Tropical Fruit Starburst though ... that could be a lot of fun if you landed in the right bag.
He was not being facetious - he was using a metaphor - FYI.

:idea:
Naw, that was Inigo Montoya, so I guess he was being metaphorically facetious.

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #124

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 121 by JP Cusick]

IM said this which I had responded to:
Unless, of course, you decide to call God consciousness. Or a transcendent aspect-sharing first source of all consciousness. Then display the obvious existence of at least one consciousness. At which point God only remains invisible, yet proven.
FYI - it is possible to be facetious while using a metaphor. They are not mutually exclusive - FYI.

Definition of facetious (Merriam-Webster):

1 :joking or jesting often inappropriately :waggish ·just being facetious

2 :meant to be humorous or funny :not serious ·a facetious remark
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain