Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

JP Cusick
Guru

UFO investigations:

Post #1

Post by JP Cusick »

:arrow: Does anyone believe in UFO's?

Not just "unidentified" but a craft from out space.

The Bible tells of a Prophet going up into heaven in a chariot of fire in a whirlwind, 2 Kings 2:11-12, and that sounds like a rocket ship.

There was a real report of a UFO crashing in 1947 near Roswell and the gov says it was a test surveillance balloon, and not everyone believes that.

Image HERE.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: UFO investigations:

Post #11

Post by JP Cusick »

PghPanther wrote: There is so much assumed by you here I don't know where to begin..............to know God?.................really?

Let me guess...........you know God through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit whom reveals God's secrets to the saved through his scriptures...............does that sound about right?

Well if so........then why is there no consistent revelation by this Holy Spirit whom the Bible says is capable of searching the depths of thought of God the Father.....but can't get into the puny brains of humans to reveal a consistent revelation to those who truly follow Christ?

There are over 30,000 denominations of Protestant believers alone whose variations on doctrine will end up conflicting with each other to the point of being labeled as blasphemous to the other and a ticket to hell for holding that doctrine as God inspired through the Holy Spirit...

Now its either one or the other yet both will claim Holy Spirit revelation..............so either this spirit is playing a huge joke on all you believers.....or maybe its just your own minds thinking you have some intervention in knowing when in fact nothing exists at all outside of your own thoughts..........
Your grudge against Christianity might have merit - but it is a wall you have built around your self - because I am an unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian and so I do not fit into your grudge.

If you look at my posting number 8 above - then I agreed with your assessment.

That the intelligent life would not be biological and it would be invisible - and I agreed that a true Christian would believe in UFO's.

All I can see based on my agreement is that you grudge is so twisted that you can not even accept your self as being right on the topic.

I agreed with your words - because we were correct - and now here you deny your self.
SIGNATURE:

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #12

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 9 by TheoNovice]

The problem with those arguing against alien visitation to earth is that the arguments are using an outdated understanding of the universe.

The OP was not very clear and I think the negative responses (including my own) interpreted it is asking if anyone believes that alien craft built by intelligent beings from another solar system have ever visited Earth in the past ... not whether this is possible in the future. There is no evidence of such visitations to date, but we certainly can't rule out something in the future. That just wasn't the point of the OP as I read it.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #13

Post by JP Cusick »

TheoNovice wrote: The problem with those arguing against alien visitation to earth is that the arguments are using an outdated understanding of the universe. New understanding of the space time continuum and the understanding that it can be manipulated by a force as weak as gravity already allows for theories of light year distance space travel. We have to keep an open mind. Just a few years ago it was believed the universe expansion was slowing down and would eventually collapse back in on itself. Science was finally able to measure the rate at which the universe is expanded my and found the rate of expansion is increasing. Now we have all these theories of dark matter to explain that. My point is, as technology improves, we learn, theories change and with that, so does what is possible.
Yes, that is correct.

And so there is the realistic possibility that UFO's from another world has been here, and have been here in the far distant past, and there could be aliens on the earth now.

Could be non biological and invisible - which many people call as spiritual life.
SIGNATURE:

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

JP Cusick wrote: :arrow: Does anyone believe in UFO's?

The Bible tells of a Prophet going up into heaven in a chariot of fire in a whirlwind, 2 Kings 2:11-12, and that sounds like a rocket ship.

There was a real report of a UFO crashing in 1947 near Roswell and the gov says it was a test surveillance balloon, and not everyone believes that.

Image HERE.

Wikipedia
Black triangle (UFO)
Black triangles are a class of Unidentified Flying Object, with certain common features which have reportedly been observed during the 20th and 21st centuries. Media reports of black triangles originally came from the United States and United Kingdom. [1] The objects may or may not be related to the rumored USAF Aurora aircraft developmental program.

Reports generally describe this class of UFOs as large, silent, black triangular objects hovering or slowly cruising at low altitudes over cities and highways. Sightings usually take place at night. These objects are often described as having pulsing colored lights that appear at each corner of the triangle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_triangle_(UFO)

I saw a flying black triangle with my own two eyes several years ago. I was standing in my front yard looking for a comet with my binoculars when I saw exactly what is described in the Wikipedia article. I had a chance to observe it for 30 seconds or so before it disappeared over my neighbor's house. Even with binoculars I couldn't identify it.

Was it a UFO? Yep! Was it an alien spacecraft? Now that is a leap of assumption which is entirely unwarrented. I don't know what I saw, but there is no reason to suppose that it was not of human origin.

The official report on the Roswell incident is that the government was using very high altitude balloons to monitor Soviet nuclear weapons testing. This makes perfect sense. The government knew that the Soviet Union had developed the atom bomb, but that was considered very top secret information in 1947, and the government did not want that information disseminated to the American people. The official explanation for the "craft" discovered on the Foster ranch near Roswell N.M. was that it was the debris of a top secret high altitude weather balloon. The newly formed US Air Force recovered the debris under strict secrecy, which created the idea that they were hiding something. Which of course they were. A top secret government project. An entire culture of belief in small grey aliens has grown out of this incident. Because people find such things exciting.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #15

Post by DanieltheDragon »

There are a few problems logically speaking that aliens have visited the earth. If a civilization were capable of interstellar travel it would be vastly more advanced than our own. Like comparing modern human civilization to Bonobos. The idea that we could cover up such a visit seems a bit on the arrogant side. So we would have to throw out any of the cover up conspiracy theories. The other side of the coin is such a visit would be an incredible commitment of resources. So any mission would be purposeful and meaningful to said civilization. Abductions of humans and probing seems a bit beneath such a civilization. Colonization seems the most logical reason to travel to another star system so as to reduce your species risk of extinction.

Seeing as we are not colonized by aliens or their presence is unknown, it seems the likelihood of them visiting previously extremely low. Also given the Fermi paradox we likely could be the most advanced civilization currently around on this side of the Galaxy.

The idea of the bible talking about UFOs and aliens seems just incidental.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

William
Savant

Post #16

Post by William »

JP Cusick wrote: :arrow: Does anyone believe in UFO's?

Image HERE.

Ufology is as comprehensively confusing as Abrahamic organised religions are.

I don;t disbelieve the notion of space faring societies from other planets, and indeed I agree with the notion that the biblical GOD as taken more literally that figuratively or metaphorically, is a contender for such being the case.

However I am more into the notion that these craft are from other dimensions - maybe other dimensions within our own universe - but having cracked the barrier of having to take so long to get from A - B at the speed of light...wormholes and what have you.

In that is impossible, then the only real way to get from A-B is to send AI-like machines in ones steed, especially is ones physical form is anything like a human beings.

There is even a theory that these mysterious light sightings in the sky are astral bodies - more spiritual than physical, and that this is essentially how advanced species get around the universe.

I have seen lights in the sky suddenly appear, disappear and reappear and move up the coast - I watched this happen one early morning.

i have also encountered what one might regard as an extraterrestrial, but not while in ordinary awake consciousness but in hypnagogic state. The experience was as real as any other normal experience but - not so normal, of course.

I have come to no conclusions as to what UFOs and aliens are. As I said, there are reams of comprehensive material about the subject and far top much to draw any conclusions.

One thing I do note however, is that these lights and beings are consistent throughout most - if not all cultures, dating back to pre- 'getting to know one another' times.

I have never seen any obviously machine-like craft.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #17

Post by JP Cusick »

DanieltheDragon wrote: The idea that we could cover up such a visit seems a bit on the arrogant side. So we would have to throw out any of the cover up conspiracy theories.
The more sensible view is that the space-aliens are the ones who coverup their self so that most people never see them.

I too doubt that the US gov or any other Country has found a wrecked UFO or any of its occupants.

But there have been Astronauts and Cosmonauts who have reported UFO sightings, and many other reliable reports from civilians and from Police and from many sources.
DanieltheDragon wrote: Abductions of humans and probing seems a bit beneath such a civilization. Colonization seems the most logical reason to travel to another star system so as to reduce your species risk of extinction.
The abductions are the most logical thing for a UFO to do, just as we humans take fish out of the ocean, and we dissect every species of animal life.

And there is the distinct probability that the atmosphere of the earth would not be suitable for creatures from a different world.

------------------------------------------------------------

William wrote: However I am more into the notion that these craft are from other dimensions - maybe other dimensions within our own universe -
Yes - other dimensions as from the multiple universes and the parallel universes which make a lot of sense to me.

They explain a lot about God too.
William wrote: There is even a theory that these mysterious light sightings in the sky are astral bodies - more spiritual than physical, and that this is essentially how advanced species get around the universe.

I have seen lights in the sky suddenly appear, disappear and reappear and move up the coast - I watched this happen one early morning.
Yes - exactly.
William wrote: I have never seen any obviously machine-like craft.

This is a complication for me because we do look for machines when they may not use machines as we understand a machine.

As like the Bible talks about a = "Flaming Chariot" - because a chariot was the only type of machine that the people knew at that time.

Reminds me of V'ger on the Star Trek movie, as it could not see human life as being a machine.
SIGNATURE:

William
Savant

Post #18

Post by William »

[Replying to post 17 by JP Cusick]
Reminds me of V'ger on the Star Trek movie, as it could not see human life as being a machine.
Not sure what you mean by that. Can you elaborate?

Thanks

W

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #19

Post by JP Cusick »

William wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:Reminds me of V'ger on the Star Trek movie, as it could not see human life as being a machine.
Not sure what you mean by that. Can you elaborate?
I mean that a human body is a type of machine.

There is no requirement that a UFO has to be a machine made of metal and wires because that is not the only kind of machine.

We could even view a seed as a different kind of machine too, because the seed will grow into a plant or a tree as being just a different kind of machine.

If the UFO and or the alien life is invisible then it might not be a machine as we understand machines, and it might not be life as we now understand life to be.

Many people deny the reality of Ghost and Spirits and Demons and etc, but many other people as like myself have no conflict in recognizing the Spirit world as a reality, so each person must look around the limiting walls if they want to see the unusual and to see the extraterrestrial.
SIGNATURE:

William
Savant

Post #20

Post by William »

[Replying to post 19 by JP Cusick]

Thanks for that. I understand the idea of the human form as being a biological machine.

Machines are devices created for specific purposes.