Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

Evolution, directed or un-directed?

Post #1

Post by Tart »

For all those who think evolution is not directed, nothing but random chance, how do you know that? How do you know evolution isnt directed by God (or anything else at that matter)?

brunumb
Savant

Post #201

Post by brunumb »

Pipiripi wrote: Evolution is a story without a begining and an End.
A magnificent story written by nature over billions of years. It did have a beginning: the first living organisms began to change. It will end when the last living thing on the planet dies. Do not weep. It is almost certainly happening on countless other planets across the universe. Evolution is a natural process in which all things change over time. No gods necessary.

:study:

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #202

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

Everything is a story without beginning or end. That is because every effect is preceded by an earlier cause. This occurs as a chain into the past that extends as far back as we can observe. And it continues on from moment to moment.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #203

Post by Pipiripi »

Tired of the Nonsense wrote:
Everything is a story without beginning or end. That is because every effect is preceded by an earlier cause. This occurs as a chain into the past that extends as far back as we can observe. And it continues on from moment to moment.
I think you have to take the picture of Einstein of your profile. Every history has a beginning and an end. Is evolution has a beginning than what is the name of the beginner, and who created the beginning. I want names please.

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #204

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 203 by Pipiripi]
Is evolution has a beginning than what is the name of the beginner, and who created the beginning. I want names please.
Surely you can't be that misinformed on what evolution is and how it works. Do you actually think that a person, with a name, started the process of evolution? Or was that meant to be some kind of a joke?
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #205

Post by Pipiripi »

DrNoGods wrote: [Replying to post 203 by Pipiripi]
Is evolution has a beginning than what is the name of the beginner, and who created the beginning. I want names please.
Surely you can't be that misinformed on what evolution is and how it works. Do you actually think that a person, with a name, started the process of evolution? Or was that meant to be some kind of a joke?
Who told you how it start? Who is the first person that have get mind for write how it strayed? In WHICH years they had discovered the first thing? 😨

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #206

Pipiripi wrote:
I think you have to take the picture of Einstein of your profile. Every history has a beginning and an end. Is evolution has a beginning than what is the name of the beginner, and who created the beginning. I want names please.
Every history, every story, is a continuation of things which occurred earlier. Evolution is the history of biochemistry at work. Trace it back far enough and you get simple organic compounds. The building blocks of life. There are NO observed actual beginnings. How far back does this go? Well can't actually observe forever. But the law of conservation of energy indicates that energy can neither be created or destroyed. According to all experimentation and observation, energy is finite in amount, but infinite in duration. Which means it's eternal. According to E=MC² matter is simply one of the forms that energy takes. So the tiny little quanta that form the atoms of your body have always existed in other forms, and will always exist in other forms still, in the future. This is neither a philosophy or a religion. Nor is it my hope for a better tomorrow. This conclusion is simply based on all the best observation. I did NOT make it up and declare it to be true.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #207

Post by Pipiripi »

brunumb wrote:
A magnificent story written by nature over billions of years. It did have a beginning: the first living organisms began to change. It will end when the last living thing on the planet dies. Do not weep. It is almost certainly happening on countless other planets across the universe. Evolution is a natural process in which all things change over time. No gods necessary.

Write for me the name of the thing that you call is a beginning? If you tell who that thing is we can debate about that. My story of live have a beginning and an end on this world and a new begining without end. Every book I have read have a begining and an end. Every story have that. Item you have a beginning. That first thing what is it? Answered!! Charles Darwin invented a story without beginning and an end. Is there was something before beginning? Questions that you story can never answered. You read this letters? Yes!! It have a beginning and I ended it here.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #208

Pipiripi wrote:
brunumb wrote:

Write for me the name of the thing that you call is a beginning? If you tell who that thing is we can debate about that. My story of live have a beginning and an end on this world and a new begining without end. Every book I have read have a begining and an end. Every story have that. Item you have a beginning. That first thing what is it? Answered!! Charles Darwin invented a story without beginning and an end. Is there was something before beginning? Questions that you story can never answered. You read this letters? Yes!! It have a beginning and I ended it here.
Point something out to the rest of us that you contend had a discrete beginning which was not the result of things that had occurred previously.

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #209

Post by Pipiripi »

Pipiripi wrote:
brunumb wrote:

Point something out to the rest of us that you contend had a discrete beginning which was not the result of things that had occurred previously.
My existence : CREATOR -- THE GOD -- JEHOVAH.
HIS SON : JESUS OF NAZARETH.
MY STORY BEGIN: IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATES.
IN THE BIBLE: NAMES OF THE FIRST HUMANS.
MY NAME IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIVE.
I WILL LIVE FOR ETERNITY.
IF I DIE, I HAVE HOPE.
EVOLUTION: IF YOU DIE THERE IS NO HOPE.
ISN'T IT BETTER TO BELIEVE IN GOD?

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #210

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 209 by Pipiripi]
My existence : CREATOR -- THE GOD -- JEHOVAH.
HIS SON : JESUS OF NAZARETH.
MY STORY BEGIN: IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATES.
IN THE BIBLE: NAMES OF THE FIRST HUMANS.
MY NAME IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIVE.
I WILL LIVE FOR ETERNITY.
IF I DIE, I HAVE HOPE.
EVOLUTION: IF YOU DIE THERE IS NO HOPE.
ISN'T IT BETTER TO BELIEVE IN GOD?

Unfortunately you have simply stated that you believe that the bible is an accurate historical document, then concluded that everything in it is therefore true. None of the items in your list above has any basis in science or observation ... you are simply preaching.

There is no evidence or other reason to believe that humans have some kind of life after death. Evolution is based on scientific observation, and the most probable fate of humans who die is that their existence in the universe ends apart from whatever is done with the corpse that remains.

It is fantasy and wishful thinking to believe anything else (because there is no evidence for any other alternative), and different religions describe different scenarios which cannot all be correct. You just happen to have chosen one popular religion and believe what it teaches, and I expect you would discard the descriptions from other religions as far as life after death scenarios simply because they don't agree with the description in your chosen holy book ... just like you discard evolution without any legitimate reason for doing so other than that it is not consistent with your religious beliefs.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain