AI

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

imhereforyou
Scholar

AI

Post #1

Post by imhereforyou »

Many scientist believe it's only a matter of time before mankind creates something that's self aware with AI (eventually more "I" than mankind maybe).

How does this impact Christianity?
Or does it?
Why or why not?

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by Pipiripi »

Hi. For a true believer in God, they don't think like man, but like God. For me I cannot be agree with all men thinking. The words of God is deep in their heart.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

The funny thing is that AI is already here. We have already created machines that are artificially intelligent. In fact, their intelligence cannot be denied.

If they actually become sentient it would be a misnomer (and a grave misunderstanding) to call them AI at that time, because the moment they become sentient they will become RI (i.e. Real Intelligence).

So while many people believe they are in a race to develop the first truly AI robot they already don't understand. That race has already been won.

The race now is to create the first truly RI robot. :D

AI is already here.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

imhereforyou
Scholar

Post #4

Post by imhereforyou »

Divine Insight wrote: The funny thing is that AI is already here. We have already created machines that are artificially intelligent. In fact, their intelligence cannot be denied.

If they actually become sentient it would be a misnomer (and a grave misunderstanding) to call them AI at that time, because the moment they become sentient they will become RI (i.e. Real Intelligence).

So while many people believe they are in a race to develop the first truly AI robot they already don't understand. That race has already been won.

The race now is to create the first truly RI robot. :D

AI is already here.
Does RI change the concept of the thread at all?
Or did I misunderstand your post :-)

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #5

Post by Divine Insight »

imhereforyou wrote: Does RI change the concept of the thread at all?
It would for me, because AI is not RI.

But then again, I don't personally argue that a God is required for RI.

None the less, there's a huge difference between AI and RI as far as I'm concerned.

You can have all the AI you want. That's just intelligent zombies. I don't see where that would be a problem for a religious person.

You need to have RI before it becomes a theological problem. IMHO.
[center]Image
[/center]

imhereforyou
Scholar

Post #6

Post by imhereforyou »

Divine Insight wrote:
imhereforyou wrote: Does RI change the concept of the thread at all?
It would for me, because AI is not RI.

But then again, I don't personally argue that a God is required for RI.

None the less, there's a huge difference between AI and RI as far as I'm concerned.

You can have all the AI you want. That's just intelligent zombies. I don't see where that would be a problem for a religious person.

You need to have RI before it becomes a theological problem. IMHO.
OK
So how do RI impact religious belief as you see it?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #7

Post by Divine Insight »

imhereforyou wrote: OK
Well, as you may know if you've read any of my posts, I see the Abrahamic religions as being totally self-destructive in their own theological dogma. So it's a moot point as to how RI might impact an already failed theology.

When we move into the realm of Pantheistic type religions RI would not be a problem at all. In fact, in Pantheism being able to create RI would be expected. So there is no problem with RI in Pantheism. Pantheism is a pretty bullet-proof religion. This of course doesn't mean that it's true, but it's pretty hard to find a flaw in it to bring it down via a logical assault. Creating RI certainly wouldn't violate Pantheism. It might even be said to support it. Although I would argue that it wouldn't support pantheism over simple naturalism. They would both still be sitting on the table with equal possibilities of being true.
[center]Image
[/center]

imhereforyou
Scholar

Post #8

Post by imhereforyou »

Divine Insight wrote:
imhereforyou wrote: OK
Well, as you may know if you've read any of my posts, I see the Abrahamic religions as being totally self-destructive in their own theological dogma. So it's a moot point as to how RI might impact an already failed theology.

When we move into the realm of Pantheistic type religions RI would not be a problem at all. In fact, in Pantheism being able to create RI would be expected. So there is no problem with RI in Pantheism. Pantheism is a pretty bullet-proof religion. This of course doesn't mean that it's true, but it's pretty hard to find a flaw in it to bring it down via a logical assault. Creating RI certainly wouldn't violate Pantheism. It might even be said to support it. Although I would argue that it wouldn't support pantheism over simple naturalism. They would both still be sitting on the table with equal possibilities of being true.
Very interesting point of view - something to think about!
Thank you