Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Habits

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

To what extent are we our habits?

Personally i think we underestimate this a lot. I'd even be willing to speculate that gender is largely habit based. It is something i want to read more about for sure.

Thoughts?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

kcplusdc@yahoo.com
Apprentice

Hmmmm? Ge

Post #2

Post by kcplusdc@yahoo.com »

. Gender being habit based? Ah no.
Perhaps you meant gender identity?
Otherwise you may want to go over the birds and the bees again.

Peds nurse
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Peds nurse »

I think that women in general are different in nature, not really habits. Women are usually more emotional, nurturing, and can usually multitask a lot better than men. Men are usually built bigger, more focused on a task at a time, and generally have better emotional control than women. Men and women are created to enhance each other.

There are stereotypical behaviors that we place on women. Women need to cook, clean, and care for the children. There are also stereotypes placed on Men. Men work to support their families. Men are good at managing the grill (haha), and men are typically stronger.

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by JJ50 »

[Replying to post 3 by Peds nurse]

Maybe in the past, but these days there is very little that men can do that women can't and visa versa.

Not all women are emotional anymore than all men are stiff lipped. I rarely cry, and that is only if I am in very bad physical pain.

Clownboat
Savant

Re: Habits

Post #5

Post by Clownboat »

Wootah wrote: To what extent are we our habits?

Personally i think we underestimate this a lot. I'd even be willing to speculate that gender is largely habit based. It is something i want to read more about for sure.

Thoughts?
For us to have habits, it would seem that first we must exist to then have these habits.
Therefore, we cannot be our habits.

Our thoughts are likely what causes our habits (or many of them). We are also not our thoughts. We have thoughts and we have habits like a thinking being would IMO. This is the effect of thinking beings, not that thinking beings are thoughts and/or habits.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb