Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

The myth of evolution

Post #1

Post by Willum »

Theists use myth an awful lot:

They have myths about talking snakes and magic DNA altering, evil bestowing fruit, and so on.

But they also use myth offensively, as in the case of evolution.

They say that since fish eggs don't hatch out men, or ape mommys don't give birth to human children, that evolution is false.

But anyone who does not need Original Sin in their playbook knows that that is not what evolution claims.

(As in write this, if they believed their myth of evolution was true, they would have to believe men and fish could interbreed or man an ape - but I digress.)

So we have what evolution is according to the REST of the world: The promotion of inheritable traits among generations

Vs

The myth of evolution, what Judaists and Christians maintain: That just about anything can evolve into anything else.

The point of discussion is, how do Judeo-Christians maintain their MYTH of evolution, in order to maintain their myth of creation (and sin)?

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by Eloi »

What I have read lately is that the fossil record shows something very different of what evolution teaches: no enough time since one fossil and another that appear in the same layer, and the later supposely originated from the first one should not appear there, missing links, etc. I read that they are trying to change the whole concept of "evolution" to make it look more realistic according with what the fossil record really shows.

Willum
Savant

Post #3

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 2 by Eloi]

Huh?
That's the scientific method for you, more information, better theory, but since you have not explained your claim, I doubt it.

The point is that Judeo-Christians maintain a myth-of-evolution, so that they can say it is untrue. They are right in that their myth is untrue, of course, but they don't acknowledge evolution is not their fairy-tale version, but something from science.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Eloi »

You are saying "Judeo-Christians maintain a myth-of-evolution" without explaining your claim ... so we are even ;)

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Eloi »

There are some Christians and even Christian denominations that believe that living beings exist because God himself ignited the spark of the evolutionary process as evolutionists teach it or will teach it (although it is not my case) ... Perhaps you should stop generalizing, and stop to talk about "Christians" in general and focus more on the ideas you want to refute.

If Christians must learn what evolution is (according to you), evolutionists should learn more about what is believed in the different branches of Christianity before making generalizations when wanting to ridicule a collective where there are subgroups with different ideas on any specific issue.

Diagoras
Guru

Post #6

Post by Diagoras »

Eloi wrote: What I have read lately is that the fossil record shows something very different of what evolution teaches: no enough time since one fossil and another that appear in the same layer, and the later supposely originated from the first one should not appear there, missing links, etc. I read that they are trying to change the whole concept of "evolution" to make it look more realistic according with what the fossil record really shows.
Hi Eloi,

If you read this online, do you still have a link to the article(s) that shows this? Or if not, do you remember which scientific organisation had published these findings (university, Royal Society, etc)?

Without a bit more detail or a verifiable source, it’s rather difficult to judge how much change to the Theory of Evolution would be needed as a result of what you’re reporting.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Eloi »

[Replying to post 6 by Diagoras]

Fair enough ... I don't remember where I read about it, but I will look for it to post it.

I am sure it is one of the latest things told about evolution, so I supposed that evolutionists in the forum should know about it ... better than myself.

Willum
Savant

Post #8

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 5 by Eloi]

No, not according to me.
According to the theory of evolution.
Not what theists say it is to discredit it.

It is “DescriptionEvolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. These characteristics are the expressions of genes that are passed on from parent to offspring during reproduction. Wikipedia�

Not monkeys giving birth to men, that is, like talking snakes and resurrection, a myth.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Eloi »

[Replying to post 7 by Eloi]

This article in the NewScientist magazine is related with what I said before
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg ... e-of-life/

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #10