Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Abdelrahman
Student

Evidence for Noah's Flood! Finally!

Post #1

Post by Abdelrahman »

Peace be unto you all!

Is anyone here familiar with the modern evidence being discussed for Noah's flood? Specifically the work of Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock!

I highly encourage anyone with a basic understanding of environmental science or geology to watch their interviews with Joe Rogan on YOUTUBE. Mind blowing stuff they're discovering.

Graham Hancock studies ancient civilizations and shows us how the story of Noah's flood isn't exclusive to Abrahamic faiths but that many traditions across the world narrate a very similar story. I am not surprised to hear this sense it was a worldwide phenomenon. Randall Carlson gets into the geology, ice core samples, satellite images etc.. Its fascinating.

I challenge someone with a scientific background to watch one of their interviews and discuss the evidence here with me! Believers should rejoice at this evidence, I just wish more people were aware of their work!

Willum
Savant

Post #2

Post by Willum »

It never ceases to amaze me, how, every region of the world has a flood MYTH, which they acknowledge as something that did not happen, but, because everybody else has a myth, some people believe their fairy-tale story, is true.

If everyone else acknowledges it is a children's story, it doesn't prove your "Holy Story" is true, it demonstrates that it is false, and should throw doubt on all the others.

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Re: Evidence for Noah's Flood! Finally!

Post #3

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 1 by Abdelrahman]
I challenge someone with a scientific background to watch one of their interviews and discuss the evidence here with me! Believers should rejoice at this evidence, I just wish more people were aware of their work!
I commented in the other thread, but this stuff is nothing new. Consider it with the requirement that the flood (at least Noah's flood) must have occurred 4300 years ago and not at some arbitrary time. That fact alone kills any scientific justification for the myth. There are simply too many things that could not be as they are today if the entire globe were covered with water to several meters above the highest mountain. That is even before considering that there is no source for that much water to begin with. This flood myth cannot be justified scientifically, but it can be positively disproved scientifically and has been many times over.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

Donray
Guru

Post #4

Post by Donray »

Are you saying that this Joe is who you relies on for science?????

Joseph James Rogan is an American comedian and podcast host. He has also worked as a mixed martial arts color commentator, television host, and occasional actor.

Give us the link to this interview that will blow my mind and prove the god created flood.

brunumb
Savant

Post #5

Post by brunumb »

Graham Hancock is author of "Fingerprints Of The Gods" and its sequel "Magicians of the Gods: The Forgotten Wisdom of Earth's Lost Civilisation".
From Amazon:
Graham Hancock was formerly East Africa correspondent for The Economist and a correspondent for the London Sunday Times. His The Sign and the Seal, an international bestseller, documented his real-life quest for the Ark of the Covenant. He has appeared on television with Michael Palin in his Pole to Pole series, and on the BBC and CNN, as well as the National Geographic's Explorer series.
From the Amazon blurb about "Magicians of the Gods":
The evidence revealed in this book shows beyond reasonable doubt that an advanced civilization that flourished during the Ice Age was destroyed in the global cataclysms between 12,800 and 11,600 years ago.

But there were survivors - known to later cultures by names such as 'the Sages', 'the Magicians', 'the Shining Ones', and 'the Mystery Teachers of Heaven'. They travelled the world in their great ships doing all in their power to keep the spark of civilization burning. They settled at key locations - Gobekli Tepe in Turkey, Baalbek in the Lebanon, Giza in Egypt, ancient Sumer, Mexico, Peru and across the Pacific where a huge pyramid has recently been discovered in Indonesia. Everywhere they went these 'Magicians of the Gods' brought with them the memory of a time when mankind had fallen out of harmony with the universe and paid a heavy price.
'Nuff said.

Here are links to the (very long) Joe Rogan Experience interviews :

JRE#725
JRE#872
JRE#961

The last one also has Michael Shermer involved and might be worth a listen.
Graham Hancock is an English author and journalist, well known for books such as "Fingerprints Of The Gods" & his latest book "Magicians of the Gods". Randall Carlson is a master builder and architectural designer, teacher, geometrician, geomythologist, geological explorer and renegade scholar. Michael Shermer is a science writer, historian of science, founder of The Skeptics Society, and Editor in Chief of its magazine Skeptic.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Abdelrahman
Student

Post #6

Post by Abdelrahman »

Willum wrote: It never ceases to amaze me, how, every region of the world has a flood MYTH, which they acknowledge as something that did not happen, but, because everybody else has a myth, some people believe their fairy-tale story, is true.

If everyone else acknowledges it is a children's story, it doesn't prove your "Holy Story" is true, it demonstrates that it is false, and should throw doubt on all the others.
There may be examples of civilizations that don't regard their flood 'myth' as true and I am not aware of them, but I am aware of the many that believe it happened. Just like followers of Abrahamic faiths who believe it to be true as well. Of course that doesn't prove it to be any more true, but what does get me thinking, is why everyone has the same myth? Why does this one 'myth' seem to cross so easily across cultures when other concepts are declined between people. Why is this a story so many were willing to accept?

My answer: Global flood, global record.

I highly advise you go look at the science im referencing!

Abdelrahman
Student

Post #7

Post by Abdelrahman »

DrNoGods wrote: I commented in the other thread, but this stuff is nothing new. Consider it with the requirement that the flood (at least Noah's flood) must have occurred 4300 years ago and not at some arbitrary time.
Why do you state that?
DrNoGods wrote: That fact alone kills any scientific justification for the myth. There are simply too many things that could not be as they are today if the entire globe were covered with water to several meters above the highest mountain. That is even before considering that there is no source for that much water to begin with. This flood myth cannot be justified scientifically, but it can be positively disproved scientifically and has been many times over.
Just watch the video and reference said science. I am looking to debate someone here on the science presented in their research!

Abdelrahman
Student

Post #8

Post by Abdelrahman »

Donray wrote:
Are you saying that this Joe is who you relies on for science?????
Did I say that? Joe is just the interviewer, a great interviewer. The science is from Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson.
Donray wrote: Joseph James Rogan is an American comedian and podcast host. He has also worked as a mixed martial arts color commentator, television host, and occasional actor.

Give us the link to this interview that will blow my mind and prove the god created flood.
Here is one: (I recommend them all)

Abdelrahman
Student

Post #9

Post by Abdelrahman »

brunumb wrote: Graham Hancock is author of "Fingerprints Of The Gods" and its sequel "Magicians of the Gods: The Forgotten Wisdom of Earth's Lost Civilisation".
From Amazon:
Graham Hancock was formerly East Africa correspondent for The Economist and a correspondent for the London Sunday Times. His The Sign and the Seal, an international bestseller, documented his real-life quest for the Ark of the Covenant. He has appeared on television with Michael Palin in his Pole to Pole series, and on the BBC and CNN, as well as the National Geographic's Explorer series.
brunumb wrote: From the Amazon blurb about "Magicians of the Gods":
The evidence revealed in this book shows beyond reasonable doubt that an advanced civilization that flourished during the Ice Age was destroyed in the global cataclysms between 12,800 and 11,600 years ago.

But there were survivors - known to later cultures by names such as 'the Sages', 'the Magicians', 'the Shining Ones', and 'the Mystery Teachers of Heaven'. They travelled the world in their great ships doing all in their power to keep the spark of civilization burning. They settled at key locations - Gobekli Tepe in Turkey, Baalbek in the Lebanon, Giza in Egypt, ancient Sumer, Mexico, Peru and across the Pacific where a huge pyramid has recently been discovered in Indonesia. Everywhere they went these 'Magicians of the Gods' brought with them the memory of a time when mankind had fallen out of harmony with the universe and paid a heavy price.
brunumb wrote: 'Nuff said.
Ha what do you mean Nuff said? This is what ancient civilizations called those people aboard the ark - 'teachers', 'magicians, 'shining ones'. Graham studies ancient civilizations and these aren't his words. He is merely documenting what ancient civilizations recorded.
brunumb wrote: Here are links to the (very long) Joe Rogan Experience interviews :

JRE#725
JRE#872
JRE#961

The last one also has Michael Shermer involved and might be worth a listen.
Thanks for that! Ya highly recommend the Michael Shermer one too, shows you why their research isn't all over the news, and how crazy the 'skeptic' can be.

Still really want to debate someone on the actual science. Anyone with an environmental background or even geological background?

Wootah
Savant

Post #10

Post by Wootah »

I haven't watched the interviews or heard of the gentlemen. I do follow creation.com and I do think that there is ample evidence sufficient to maintain an open stance on there being a global flood.

I think the spiritual dimension just as fascinating.

Have you seen any of Jordan Peterson's work? His biblical series discussed the flood from a psychological level as well. In a sense, we are all susceptible to a chaotic event, a cancer diagnosis, a job loss, a car crash, that can plunge our well ordered lives into the chaos of the flood.

It brought new meaning to the idea of Jesus walking on water, God's control of the elements and of chaos is immensely reassuring for me. We all plunge into the flood called death and some, who stand upon the rock, will rise.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."