Realization leads to God

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Swami
Sage

Realization leads to God

Post #1

Post by Swami »

I would like to introduce the concept of realization. Realization is the way to true knowledge. To realize means that you become aware of something that was always there. This is what I practice.

In the West, the theory for gaining knowledge is that it must be learned. On a very basic level I agree. However, you will not see the big picture. Besides that, you are wasting a lot of time and energy.

What many scientists do not understand is that we exist in consciousness. All knowledge is contained in it since we can not experience anything outside of it. You then ask, if we all possess consciousness, then why don't we know everything? Why do we learn as if things exist outside of our awareness? The problem is the mind and senses. They are limited. They create the illusion of something "out there". If you follow the full implications of what I am saying, then there is nothing out there to learn. That means it's already in you waiting to be "realized". Intuition is a form of realization and scientists already accept this! It is knowledge that comes to you without learning.

Where does God come in? It comes from you realizing that you are omniscient, and everything exist in you.

Is intuition a product of realization or learning?

Please offer me a scientific reason for relying on learning over intuition.

Tcg
Savant

Re: Realization leads to God

Post #71

Post by Tcg »

Swami wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:08 pm The truth is that many Western thinkers and scientists have flocked to the leaders and thinkers of the Eastern traditions, like the Dalai Lama.
That's not how the Dalai Lama views it:
"It is most important for the traditions of Western science and Eastern mental development to work together. At some stage, people gained the impression that these two traditions are very different and incompatible. In recent years, however, it has become clear that this is not exactly the case. This kind of dialogue is therefore extremely important, as a means of contributing something to future humanity, by enabling each tradition to benefit from the other. So this is one goal. I also think that it is very important for Buddhists to understand the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of mind, the relationship between mind and brain, and the nature of consciousness, these sorts of things. Whether consciousness does or does not exist as a discrete entity, for example. So I would like to introduce some of these Western explanations to Buddhists in general, and to Tibetan Buddhists in particular.”

—His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

“With the ever growing impact of science on our lives, religion and spirituality have a greater role to play reminding us of our humanity. There is no contradiction between the two. Each gives valuable insights into the other. Both science and the teachings of the Buddha tell us of the fundamental unity of all things.”

— His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

“Our community shall not remain as it is. There will be changes… The knowledge of science will be instrumental in the preservation, promotion, and introduction of Buddhism to the new generation of Tibetans. Hence, it is very necessary to begin the study of science.”

“Since many years I have been interested in modern science, which has made great contributions to the improvement of the quality of life. I have personally been engaged in dialogues with scientists for many years and have found it extremely useful and enriching. I also believe that modern science can benefit from Buddhist perspectives. Today, science means a valid method of explaining the observed reality. The well-founded disciplines of modern science are in a way related to Buddhism since Buddhist philosophy also searches and establishes truth through rational analysis, similar to that of science.”

“I have argued the need for and possibility of a worldview grounded in science, yet one that does not deny the richness of human nature and the validity of modes of knowing other than the scientific.”

<bolding mine>

http://www.scienceformonksandnuns.org/a ... n-science/

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Re: Realization leads to God

Post #72

Post by Tcg »

Swami wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:46 am
The Dalai Lama (L) participates in a discussion on neuroscience at the Mind & Life Conference in Mundgod, India, Jan. 17, 2013. Photo courtesy of the Dalai Lama's office
This is the description of that photo from the Dalai Lama's website:
Arthur Zajonc begins his presentation on quantum mechanics and the theory of relativity at the start of the second day of the Mind and Life XXVI conference held at Drepung Monastery in Mundgod, India, on January 18, 2013. Photo/Jeremy Russell/OHHDL

https://www.dalailama.com/news/2013/qua ... pung-day-2
This makes sense as it matches the text on the screen. What we have is the Dalai Lama attending a presentation by a western scientist on quantum mechanics and the theory of relativity.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom