Teach Me Science

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

DavidLeon
Under Probation

Teach Me Science

Post #1

Post by DavidLeon »

What is the scientific method and how is it different than the way we teach and learn ourselves? If I were the inventor of the airplane wouldn't I be employing the methodology of science just as if I were learning how to change a flat tire or make a website? How would they be similar and how would they differ?
I no longer post here

bluegreenearth
Guru

Re: Teach Me Science

Post #71

Post by bluegreenearth »

A debate about the purpose and proper implementation of laws is very interesting, but it is my understanding that the OP was asking for a description of the scientific method. Admittedly, I did not go back and read every subsequent post since the OP, but has it already been sufficiently answered?

DavidLeon
Under Probation

Post #72

Post by DavidLeon »

bluegreenearth wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:55 pm A debate about the purpose and proper implementation of laws is very interesting, but it is my understanding that the OP was asking for a description of the scientific method. Admittedly, I did not go back and read every subsequent post since the OP, but has it already been sufficiently answered?
I learned a more accurate interpretation of the methodology, peer review and a little about publishing. Those were three that I find most difficult. I'm always open to learning, but I ask a lot of questions.
I no longer post here

bluegreenearth
Guru

Post #73

Post by bluegreenearth »

DavidLeon wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:14 pmI learned a more accurate interpretation of the methodology, peer review and a little about publishing. Those were three that I find most difficult. I'm always open to learning, but I ask a lot of questions.
Do you have any remaining questions or assumptions that need answers or further clarification?

DavidLeon
Under Probation

Post #74

Post by DavidLeon »

bluegreenearth wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:19 pm
DavidLeon wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:14 pmI learned a more accurate interpretation of the methodology, peer review and a little about publishing. Those were three that I find most difficult. I'm always open to learning, but I ask a lot of questions.
Do you have any remaining questions or assumptions that need answers or further clarification?
None that I can think of. Thanks. Well, I could probably be difficult and pernicious but that isn't particularly conducive to civil discourse and really just demonstrates my ignorance. If I think of anything other than that I would be glad to post it.
I no longer post here