If Science Revealed God

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Purple Knight
Guru
Posts: 2112
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:00 pm
Has thanked: 668 times
Been thanked: 407 times

If Science Revealed God

Post #1

Post by Purple Knight »

Question for Debate: If science actually proved God, would you change the way you lived your life?

And if so, why? Also, what would it be based upon? If it just so happens that the person in front of the computer posting as Purple Knight created the universe, do I gain any special moral credibility from that action? The way I see it, no, I don't. If I created the universe, so what? Your parents created you, and if they're bad people who want you to do bad things, you can still (and should, to my mind) say no.

Grunt0311
Banned
Banned
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:37 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: If Science Revealed God

Post #21

Post by Grunt0311 »

Science has uses “theory” whenever they can’t prove a hunch.

benchwarmer
Guru
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1354 times
Been thanked: 514 times

Re: If Science Revealed God

Post #22

Post by benchwarmer »

Grunt0311 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:10 am Science has uses “theory” whenever they can’t prove a hunch.
I suggest some research on what a scientific theory actually is. It doesn't seem your point is to actually debate anything based on evidence, but simply throw out random assertions and see what happens.

We get it, you prefer to defer to your god concept and ignore science when it's opposed to your faith. That's fine, but I hope you are not expecting anyone else to be convinced by this approach. If you want to debate, then please bring along some supporting evidence so we all have something to actually debate. Otherwise, we are all just watching you randomly post your opinions.

Grunt0311
Banned
Banned
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:37 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: If Science Revealed God

Post #23

Post by Grunt0311 »

Since there are no credible findings of any species in transition it should be obvious that evolution is a sick hoax accepted by those who deny their creator.

User avatar
Miles
Prodigy
Posts: 3362
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 931 times

Re: If Science Revealed God

Post #24

Post by Miles »

Grunt0311 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:37 pm Since there are no credible findings of any species in transition it should be obvious that evolution is a sick hoax accepted by those who deny their creator.
And accepted by many who don't deny their creator.


........................................
Image


.

Grunt0311
Banned
Banned
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:37 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: If Science Revealed God

Post #25

Post by Grunt0311 »

Still no proof just another theory promoted by those who deny their creator. Your loss not mine.

User avatar
brunumb
Prodigy
Posts: 3938
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:20 am
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 3017 times
Been thanked: 1643 times

Re: If Science Revealed God

Post #26

Post by brunumb »

Grunt0311 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:35 pm Still no proof just another theory promoted by those who deny their creator. Your loss not mine.
A scientific theory is the best explanation we have for something based on all the collected evidence. The theory of evolution is based on a mountain of evidence. God barely gets beyond an hypothesis. So, what have we lost?
Christianty: 2000 years of making it up as you go along.

Grunt0311
Banned
Banned
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:37 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: If Science Revealed God

Post #27

Post by Grunt0311 »

Your salvation and escape from hell for starters.

User avatar
brunumb
Prodigy
Posts: 3938
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:20 am
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 3017 times
Been thanked: 1643 times

Re: If Science Revealed God

Post #28

Post by brunumb »

Grunt0311 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:29 pm Your salvation and escape from hell for starters.
Please demonstrate that what you have claimed is true.
Christianty: 2000 years of making it up as you go along.

Grunt0311
Banned
Banned
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:37 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: If Science Revealed God

Post #29

Post by Grunt0311 »

I know the drill any and all evidence presented will be ignored and explained away by what you think you know, which obviously you don’t know.

benchwarmer
Guru
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1354 times
Been thanked: 514 times

Re: If Science Revealed God

Post #30

Post by benchwarmer »

Grunt0311 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:37 pm Since there are no credible findings of any species in transition it should be obvious that evolution is a sick hoax accepted by those who deny their creator.
Well, technically ALL species are currently in transition every time they reproduce. So much for that one.

If you think the scientific theory of evolution hinges on finding transitional fossils, you are clearly not aware of what the actual theory is or all the different lines of evidence that currently support it. Feel free to publish your falsifying evidence so the theory can be updated. Scientists will welcome reproducible evidence. Got any?

Post Reply