JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

The existence of the universe requires a god

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 136 here:
EarthScienceguy wrote: ...
The universe could not exist in the form that it is in unless there was an omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient God.
For debate:

Please offer some means to confirm the referenced claim is true and factual.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: The existence of the universe requires a god

Post #141

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:04 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:55 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:40 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:34 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:42 pm Right so we can't rule God out, nobody can, no matter what your position is on this subject we absolutely cannot say, claim or prove that God is not the cause.
Nor can we rule out possums, nor fish sticks, nor grits, nor nothing like that.
Exactly.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:34 pm So yeah, it's possible God's him a possum, it's possible God's him a fish stick, it's possible God's him a grit, it's possible your god claims're truth.

It's also possible you make claims you'll never show to be truth.

Now that we have the data, we can set to conclude.
Again, the above seems to be just vacuous, sorry but it is.
"Seems"

A great way to avoid rational, critical commentary.
Describing your post as seemingly vacuous is rational, critical commentary Joey.
"Seemingly".
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Post #142

Post by Sherlock Holmes »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:04 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:04 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:55 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:40 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:34 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:42 pm Right so we can't rule God out, nobody can, no matter what your position is on this subject we absolutely cannot say, claim or prove that God is not the cause.
Nor can we rule out possums, nor fish sticks, nor grits, nor nothing like that.
Exactly.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:34 pm So yeah, it's possible God's him a possum, it's possible God's him a fish stick, it's possible God's him a grit, it's possible your god claims're truth.

It's also possible you make claims you'll never show to be truth.

Now that we have the data, we can set to conclude.
Again, the above seems to be just vacuous, sorry but it is.
"Seems"

A great way to avoid rational, critical commentary.
Describing your post as seemingly vacuous is rational, critical commentary Joey.
"Seemingly".
I just want to be clear about something, I really have little time for the silliness we often see in forums like this, the bickering, name calling, juvenility, sarcasm.

I'm no angel myself, in the past I too have often been as guilty as anyone of this, but I'm over it, it is a waste of time for me, so if you or anyone wants to post in that way you can but I'll have nothing to say really, its actually ridiculous and adults who disagree need to start acting like adults and treat each other with respect.

I've debated with a few people over the years where we each had great respect for one another despite us having a completely different world views.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #143

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:26 am I just want to be clear about something, I really have little time for the silliness we often see in forums like this, the bickering, name calling, juvenility, sarcasm.
If folks wanna call me, or my arguments "silliness", or "juvenility", go ahead. I got me two grandgirls that love me when I'm sillly, and I adore em for it. The pretty thing says my juvenility is why all the kids wanna play with Papa Doofus. I'm cool with that, if about constantly worn out from it.

In my silliness, they learn truly, with a front lap seat, what it means to not care if someone frets on your silliness or calls your arguments juvenile. Be yourself, unless that's a jerk, then try to be you as kind and funny one as ya can.

What's really funny about your name calling, and your funny way of seemingly pretending you're the great, and purely fictional Sherlock Holmes, is you've missed your own error of thinking, that I...

..likely the least educated here among us...

with my silliness...

and my juvenility...

and my vacuousness

Even I, The greatest doofus east of the Pecos ...

Know that if something's it "seeming", well you ain't said it was, just that's the only way you -ahem- can, well, seem to understand it.

Like how it seems there's a god, and it seems he had him something to do with making the universe. You do you a whole bunch of seeming, and very little of the proving.

"Seemingly", you said. I say "seemingly indeed".

Cause I understand your use of the word might get the observer to thinking all ya can do is fuss on the style of a post, and not the actual argument.

My argument ain't it the least bit sad to know all you can to do is to fuss at it, stomp your feet, and run you off to a more comfortable climate.
I'm no angel myself, in the past I too have often been as guilty as anyone of this,
I preciate any and all who fess their faults.

The pretty thing fesses mine for me. She's helpful that way.
but I'm over it, it is a waste of time for me
"I, state your name, well I'm about fed up with this, so I'm gonna put me up this post here to tell all y'all how I got me just enough time to tell all of you bunch how much a waste of time this all is!"

When I get fed up with the pretty thing, I just fetch on off to the barn and sleep, not in the biblical sense, with the pigs and the goats. I don't tell her nothing. She knows I'm safer outside, than in there with an angry woman.
so if you or anyone wants to post in that way you can but I'll have nothing to say really, its actually ridiculous and adults who disagree need to start acting like adults and treat each other with respect.
You won't be the first'n to come in here, to debate , and ignore my arguments, or my challenges to their own.

I wonder who's got the record here for that honor, the god bunch, or the atheists.

I don't hafta convince you of nothing. I'm just here for the lulz at this point in your post.
I've debated with a few people over the years where we each had great respect for one another despite us having a completely different world views.
I'm starting to think you don't find me near as cuddly and loveable as them grandgirls find me.

But that don't fret me none. What'd set me to fretting, is if you could actually present some evidence - reliable and confirmable on the OP up there.

All you've done here is to fuss how folks're behaving, and the mods're right there, just waiting on you to find the report button, and put silly ol juvenile Joey in his place. Mean ol juvenile Joey! In his place!

Don't that sound tempting as a nekkid chick with low standards and loose morals?

Or maybe you've done dismissed that as a possibility.

So please, with my diatribe here finally at and end, can we all just get back to how God created the universe, and quit with the silly, juvenile stuff.

:facepalm:
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Post #144

JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:53 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:26 am I just want to be clear about something, I really have little time for the silliness we often see in forums like this, the bickering, name calling, juvenility, sarcasm.
If folks wanna call me, or my arguments "silliness", or "juvenility", go ahead. I got me two grandgirls that love me when I'm sillly, and I adore em for it. The pretty thing says my juvenility is why all the kids wanna play with Papa Doofus. I'm cool with that, if about constantly worn out from it.

In my silliness, they learn truly, with a front lap seat, what it means to not care if someone frets on your silliness or calls your arguments juvenile. Be yourself, unless that's a jerk, then try to be you as kind and funny one as ya can.

What's really funny about your name calling, and your funny way of seemingly pretending you're the great, and purely fictional Sherlock Holmes, is you've missed your own error of thinking, that I...

with my silliness...

and my juvenility...

and my vacuousness

Know that if something's it "seeming", well you ain't said it was, just that's the only way you -ahem- can, well, seem to understand it.

Like how it seems there's a god, and it seems he had him something to do with making the universe. You do you a whole bunch of seeming, and very little of the proving.

Cause I understand your use of the word might get the observer to thinking all ya can do is fuss on the style of a post, and not the actual argument.

My argument ain't it the least bit sad to know all you can to do is to fuss at it, stomp your feet, and run you off to a more comfortable climate.
I'm no angel myself, in the past I too have often been as guilty as anyone of this,

"I, state your name, well I'm about fed up with this, so I'm gonna put me up this post here to tell all y'all how I got me just enough time to tell all of you bunch how much a waste of time this all is!"

When I get fed up with the pretty thing, I just fetch on off to the barn and sleep, not in the biblical sense, with the pigs and the goats. I don't tell her nothing. She knows I'm safer outside, than in there with an angry woman.
so if you or anyone wants to post in that way you can but I'll have nothing to say really, its actually ridiculous and adults who disagree need to start acting like adults and treat each other with respect.
You won't be the first'n to come in here, to debate , and ignore my arguments, or my challenges to their own.

I wonder who's got the record here for that honor, the god bunch, or the atheists.

I don't hafta convince you of nothing. I'm just here for the lulz at this point in your post.
I'm starting to think you don't find me near as cuddly and loveable as them grandgirls find me.

But that don't fret me none. What'd set me to fretting, is if you could actually present some evidence - reliable and confirmable on the OP up there.

All you've done here is to fuss how folks're behaving, and the mods're right there, just waiting on you to find the report button, and put silly ol juvenile Joey in his place. Mean ol juvenile Joey! In his place!

Don't that sound tempting as a nekkid chick with low standards and loose morals?

So please, with my diatribe here finally at and end, can we all just get back to how God created the universe, and quit with the silly, juvenile stuff.

Another ranting post that's nothing to do with the thread's subject.

Ignored for the reason I gave earlier in Post #41

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #145

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to Sherlock Holmes in post #144]
Moderator Comment

If you want to ignore a post, just ignore it and don't respond at all. No need to post that you are ignoring a post (which is not ignoring it, but responding).

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics..
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

Sherlock Holmes

Post #146

DrNoGods wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:52 am [Replying to Sherlock Holmes in post #144]
Moderator Comment

If you want to ignore a post, just ignore it and don't respond at all. No need to post that you are ignoring a post (which is not ignoring it, but responding).

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics..
My reasoning was to make it clear why it was being ignored, to help the poster see what it was that caused me to ignore it.

Is it the case that I must not not respond like this? will I be punished if I continue to do this?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #147

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Previously, Sherlock Holmes wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:51 am I just want to be clear about something, I really have little time for the silliness we often see in forums like this, the bickering, name calling, juvenility, sarcasm.
And now has the gall to say wrote: Another ranting post that's nothing to do with the thread's subject.

Ya posted comments on a post ya swore to ignore :facepalm:

But mine are the "silly", "juvenile" arguments.
-Punkinhead Martin

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #148

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to Sherlock Holmes in post #146]
Is it the case that I must not not respond like this? will I be punished if I continue to do this?
Moderator Comment

From the forum Rules:

16. Appeals, challenges, or any response to comments/warnings made by moderators should not be made in public. The proper channel is to send a PM to a moderator and to discuss it directly and in private.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

William
Savant

Post #149

Post by William »

with my silliness...

and my juvenility...

and my vacuousness

Imagine:
"Me laughing merrily at the humor"

Thanks for the laugh Joey.

:applaud:

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #150

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:51 am

with my silliness...

and my juvenility...

and my vacuousness

Another ranting post that's nothing to do with the thread's subject.

"I can't find me no way to fuss against this, so I'm just gonna make me this post on how it is I'm gonna ignore me this post that I'm responding to, cause, ya know, it's the height of dooficity to set in on debate, and expect it to occur."
-Punkinhead Martin