JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

The existence of the universe requires a god

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 136 here:
EarthScienceguy wrote: ...
The universe could not exist in the form that it is in unless there was an omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient God.
For debate:

Please offer some means to confirm the referenced claim is true and factual.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Re: The existence of the universe requires a god

Post #151

Post by Sherlock Holmes »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:35 am
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:51 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:53 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:26 am I just want to be clear about something, I really have little time for the silliness we often see in forums like this, the bickering, name calling, juvenility, sarcasm.
If folks wanna call me, or my arguments "silliness", or "juvenility", go ahead. I got me two grandgirls that love me when I'm sillly, and I adore em for it. The pretty thing says my juvenility is why all the kids wanna play with Papa Doofus. I'm cool with that, if about constantly worn out from it.

In my silliness, they learn truly, with a front lap seat, what it means to not care if someone frets on your silliness or calls your arguments juvenile. Be yourself, unless that's a jerk, then try to be you as kind and funny one as ya can.

What's really funny about your name calling, and your funny way of seemingly pretending you're the great, and purely fictional Sherlock Holmes, is you've missed your own error of thinking, that I...

..likely the least educated here among us...

with my silliness...

and my juvenility...

and my vacuousness

Even I, The greatest doofus east of the Pecos ...

Know that if something's it "seeming", well you ain't said it was, just that's the only way you -ahem- can, well, seem to understand it.

Like how it seems there's a god, and it seems he had him something to do with making the universe. You do you a whole bunch of seeming, and very little of the proving.

"Seemingly", you said. I say "seemingly indeed".

Cause I understand your use of the word might get the observer to thinking all ya can do is fuss on the style of a post, and not the actual argument.

My argument ain't it the least bit sad to know all you can to do is to fuss at it, stomp your feet, and run you off to a more comfortable climate.
I'm no angel myself, in the past I too have often been as guilty as anyone of this,
I preciate any and all who fess their faults.

The pretty thing fesses mine for me. She's helpful that way.
but I'm over it, it is a waste of time for me
"I, state your name, well I'm about fed up with this, so I'm gonna put me up this post here to tell all y'all how I got me just enough time to tell all of you bunch how much a waste of time this all is!"

When I get fed up with the pretty thing, I just fetch on off to the barn and sleep, not in the biblical sense, with the pigs and the goats. I don't tell her nothing. She knows I'm safer outside, than in there with an angry woman.
so if you or anyone wants to post in that way you can but I'll have nothing to say really, its actually ridiculous and adults who disagree need to start acting like adults and treat each other with respect.
You won't be the first'n to come in here, to debate , and ignore my arguments, or my challenges to their own.

I wonder who's got the record here for that honor, the god bunch, or the atheists.

I don't hafta convince you of nothing. I'm just here for the lulz at this point in your post.
I've debated with a few people over the years where we each had great respect for one another despite us having a completely different world views.
I'm starting to think you don't find me near as cuddly and loveable as them grandgirls find me.

But that don't fret me none. What'd set me to fretting, is if you could actually present some evidence - reliable and confirmable on the OP up there.

All you've done here is to fuss how folks're behaving, and the mods're right there, just waiting on you to find the report button, and put silly ol juvenile Joey in his place. Mean ol juvenile Joey! In his place!

Don't that sound tempting as a nekkid chick with low standards and loose morals?

Or maybe you've done dismissed that as a possibility.

So please, with my diatribe here finally at and end, can we all just get back to how God created the universe, and quit with the silly, juvenile stuff.

:facepalm:
Another ranting post that's nothing to do with the thread's subject.

Ignored for the reason I gave earlier in Post #41
"I can't find me no way to fuss against this, so I'm just gonna make me this post on how it is I'm gonna ignore me this post that I'm responding to, cause, ya know, it's the height of dooficity to set in on debate, and expect it to occur."
Anyone can see that's not me speaking, just look at the appalling grammar.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #152

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:48 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:35 am "I can't find me no way to fuss against this, so I'm just gonna make me this post on how it is I'm gonna ignore me this post that I'm responding to, cause, ya know, it's the height of dooficity to set in on debate, and expect it to occur."
Unless you've dismissed it as a possibility, it's called paraphrasing. Though I snipped the bit where you were quoted by name, well there we go.

I have absolute confidence the -ahem- seemingly real Sherlock Holmes'da seen the paraphrasing for just that.

As to "appalling grammar", what I find most appalling is your continuing to argue on how one tells, as to what it is they tell.

Face it, you're far better suited to fuss on how one posts, than ya are to supporting the OP's contention.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Post #153

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:28 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:35 am "I can't find me no way to fuss against this, so I'm just gonna make me this post on how it is I'm gonna ignore me this post that I'm responding to, cause, ya know, it's the height of dooficity to set in on debate, and expect it to occur."
Unless you've dismissed it as a possibility, it's called paraphrasing. Though I snipped the bit where you were quoted by name, well there we go.

I have absolute confidence the -ahem- seemingly real Sherlock Holmes'da seen the paraphrasing for just that.

As to "appalling grammar", what I find most appalling is your continuing to argue on how one tells, as to what it is they tell.

Face it, you're far better suited to fuss on how one posts, than ya are to supporting the OP's contention.
Pardon?

William
Savant

Post #154

Post by William »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:50 pm

Pardon?
"What I find most appalling is your continuing to argue on how one tells, as to what it is they tell." is that you are not even focusing upon what Joey is saying, but complaining about the way it is being said.

It is a common enough mistake folk make. Or if not a 'mistake' in the true sense of the word, then a ruse folk use in order to distract themselves from having to respond honestly to what is being said - as along the lines of "I don't understand what you are saying. Is English your second language?" when clearly to the astute reader, even if the language is uncommon to ones eye/ear one should definitely still be able to 'get the gist' of what is being said by what is being written [or spoken] .

What Joey is saying - if I understand him correctly - is that he finds such tactic to be willful and is appalled by the tactic.

Sherlock Holmes

Post #155

William wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:00 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:50 pm

Pardon?
"What I find most appalling is your continuing to argue on how one tells, as to what it is they tell." is that you are not even focusing upon what Joey is saying, but complaining about the way it is being said.

It is a common enough mistake folk make. Or if not a 'mistake' in the true sense of the word, then a ruse folk use in order to distract themselves from having to respond honestly to what is being said - as along the lines of "I don't understand what you are saying. Is English your second language?" when clearly to the astute reader, even if the language is uncommon to ones eye/ear one should definitely still be able to 'get the gist' of what is being said by what is being written [or spoken] .

What Joey is saying - if I understand him correctly - is that he finds such tactic to be willful and is appalled by the tactic.
You do realize this person openly called me a "liar" recently, would you like to see the post?

William
Savant

Post #156

Post by William »

[Replying to Sherlock Holmes in post #155]
You do realize this person openly called me a "liar" recently, would you like to see the post?
When you say "liar" are you saying he used that word, or that the word(s) he did use, implied as much?

How will my 'seeing that post' change what I wrote?

Sherlock Holmes

Post #157

William wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:13 pm [Replying to Sherlock Holmes in post #155]
When you say "liar" are you saying he used that word, or that the word(s) he did use, implied as much?

See for yourself: viewtopic.php?p=1068104#p1068104

I don't know if it'll change what you wrote, but I reserve the right to say what I like to whom I like in any way I like, subject to the rules.

William
Savant

Post #158

Post by William »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:19 pm
William wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:13 pm [Replying to Sherlock Holmes in post #155]

I don't know if it'll change what you wrote, but I reserve the right to say what I like to whom I like in any way I like, subject to the rules.
Well no - it doesn't change what I wrote.

Speaking of the rules, if you have a problem with being called a liar - you can report the post to the mods - although it is all water done gone by, under the bridge...to really be botherin' the mods with, way after the fact...

But if you got a bee in your bonnet about it, perhaps you can take some comfort [if you are that way inclined] in that Joey got beaten as near to an NDE as one can get - by a mule he took a shine to - so maybe [if you are also that way inclined] you could see it as fair retribution for him calling you a liar and call it even-stevens.

[I won't link you to his post on that, since it is your contention that you do not understand his particular use of The English.]

Or perhaps that is too harsh?

What I did see is that he called you a 'liar' for you denying you called him a liar... I don't know and am not interested in finding out the details re that, as it is really something between you and he - and for all I know, your 'mule' is just around the corner and really for action too...in that maybe it is the universe then telling ya both to pull your heads in?

Do keep me informed on that, should it be the case...such stuff does interest me...

Sherlock Holmes

Post #159

William wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:56 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:19 pm

Well no - it doesn't change what I wrote.

Speaking of the rules, if you have a problem with being called a liar - you can report the post to the mods - although it is all water done gone by, under the bridge...to really be botherin' the mods with, way after the fact...

But if you got a bee in your bonnet about it, perhaps you can take some comfort [if you are that way inclined] in that Joey got beaten as near to an NDE as one can get - by a mule he took a shine to - so maybe [if you are also that way inclined] you could see it as fair retribution for him calling you a liar and call it even-stevens.

[I won't link you to his post on that, since it is your contention that you do not understand his particular use of The English.]

Or perhaps that is too harsh?

What I did see is that he called you a 'liar' for you denying you called him a liar... I don't know and am not interested in finding out the details re that, as it is really something between you and he - and for all I know, your 'mule' is just around the corner and really for action too...in that maybe it is the universe then telling ya both to pull your heads in?

Do keep me informed on that, should it be the case...such stuff does interest me...
Thank you for the information, I will consider it going forward.