The Effect of Sound and The Universe

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

The Effect of Sound and The Universe

Post #1

Post by William »

Can silence actually drive someone crazy??

If anything, sound is more likely to drive one crazy, than silence.

A personality will use their brains to fill the silence with the sound of their inner voice and these sounds can translate to pictures [visions aka hallucinations] on the mind screen.

If silence could make someone crazy, how is it that this does not occur to deaf people?

Perhaps there is other stimuli [visual] which the personality can focus on.

Observation:

In the above video, the Silence Room is also made completely dark.

The only sound made is whatever the persons body produces. Non-sound still heard by the personality as sound, is accomplished through the internal voice of [which is largely of] the personality [subject] itself.

Deaf people might experience that inner voice more through the visual aspect of the 'inner voice' re "a picture paints a thousand words" and words being 'sounds'.
Blind people, the other way around.

Just as blind folk can feel objects which in turn gives them "pictures" of the object in their mind, perhaps deaf people can 'hear' through the vibrations that things produce, and create "sounds" in their minds through that process?

We can see that sound produces order from chaos.

The Evidence:

Sample One:

Sample Two:

A Theist Claim:

"We exist within a Creation and The Creator used Sound to create and maintain the Universe."

The Evidence:

Sample One:

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." ~ Genesis 1:3

Sample Two:

Conclusion:
FOR DEBATE:

Q: Does Sound Create The Universe.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: The Effect of Sound and The Universe

Post #11

Post by JoeyKnothead »

William wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:19 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:07 pm Sound's the product of compression waves in a medium.
Ordinarily, yes. When we view Galaxies, we can see this and relate it to what we know about sound.
Ordinarily?
Did the sound of this creator's voice create the medium through which it traveled before, during, or after the uttering?
Does the sound of our own voice(s) which we obviously hear, produce waves in our mind which in turn create images?
Could this be the process we are witnessing - where the 'sound' isn't 'heard' but the effects are still seen?
Thought and sound're different.

Changing it to thought as creating has its own problems.
Are we therefore, existing in the mind of said creator?
I see no reason to think so.
As to the medium, can that be understood as the 'mind' of said creator, and identified by us as Quantum Particles?
Beats me. I don't go for all that kinda stuff, though do preciate your arguments on it.
JK wrote:And, of course, who's voice created this creator?
Irrelevant to the thread topic.
Our problem here is saying something has a "creator", but then declare questions about how that creator came to be as off topic.

That's a fundamentally broken way to determine the truth.

"If we assume..."

What argument can counter an assumption?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

William
Savant

Post #12

Post by William »

Miles wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:00 pm
William wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:40 pm [Replying to Miles in post #7]

A: Nope. Why should it? I know, I know, god can do anything and in any way he wishes, but one has to ask why he would bother with the speaking part when ostensibly all that would be needed is a simple willing it to be so, as in the very beginning when "God made from nothing the heavens and the earth." with no mention of having had to say a thing.
When we 'will' something, this involves language and from that, imagery.
Can't buy this at all. I know that when turning into my driveway, while a matter of exercising my will, it doesn't involve language: thinking or saying any words. In fact, when turning, at times I have been engaged in conversation not at all related to the act.
That is not engaging the will or for that matter, what it is I am actually saying.

What you are referring to is more a case of habit and automation.

What I am talking about is related to the event described in the 4th video of the OP, which at least would have to require focused thought and intention regarding its creation.

Your turning into your driveway whilst talking to a passenger and not even focused upon your driving or driveway, cannot really be considered a realistic example of one's will in action. At least, I am not buying it.

What we call 'reality' may well be something which exists in the mind of [a] God.
Or something that exists in my mind. ;)
Yes. Can you provide the rest of us as the reason why you created the Universe?

If not, then it is more likely that we are aspects of The Creators Mind, rather than the God which created the Universe. At the source we could understand that 'before we were Humans' we were The Creator making us up in [Its] Mind...but we do not understand and cannot comprehend in our Human positions, what was involved in the making of the Universe up to its current point as to exactly what points along the way we went through to eventually wind up here. From being The Creator to being within The Creation...specifically as experiencing the life of biological critters...the beat goes on.

William
Savant

Post #13

Post by William »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:08 pm
William wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:19 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:07 pm Sound's the product of compression waves in a medium.
Ordinarily, yes. When we view Galaxies, we can see this and relate it to what we know about sound.
Ordinarily?
Yes. When we view Galaxies, we can see this and relate it to what we know about sound.
Did the sound of this creator's voice create the medium through which it traveled before, during, or after the uttering?
Does the sound of our own voice(s) which we obviously hear, produce waves in our mind which in turn create images?
Could this be the process we are witnessing - where the 'sound' isn't 'heard' but the effects are still seen?
Thought and sound're different.
In what way?
Changing it to thought as creating has its own problems.
What do you mean by that?
Are we therefore, existing in the mind of said creator?
I see no reason to think so.
What about in the evidence supplied in the OP?

As to the medium, can that be understood as the 'mind' of said creator, and identified by us as Quantum Particles?
Beats me. I don't go for all that kinda stuff, though do preciate your arguments on it.
Do you appreciate the evidence on it?
JK wrote:And, of course, who's voice created this creator?
Irrelevant to the thread topic.
Our problem here is saying something has a "creator", but then declare questions about how that creator came to be as off topic.

That's a fundamentally broken way to determine the truth.
Not at all. We can assume that while there may be an answer to that, it is plausible Infinite Regression in every direction is an acceptable conclusion to make, and focus upon what we know of our reality in relation to the possibility that we exist within a creation which was created through the thoughts of a Creator and exists within the Mind of said Creator.
"If we assume..."

What argument can counter an assumption?
Another assumption.

This is what osteng has to say about it.
5. State your major assumptions.

All arguments have assumptions. And debates often cannot progress meaningfully when participants have differing assumptions. In some subforums, the assumptions are stated in the guidelines. If there are additional assumptions that these do not cover, try to list the additional major assumptions. If an assumption is stated either in the OP or in a guideline, then debating the validity of the assumption is not allowed in the thread. If someone participates in the thread, then he/she must agree to the assumptions for sake of argument.
[LINK]

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by JoeyKnothead »

William wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:32 pm Replies to my previous post
Hey friend, I've been getting hung up on the formatting in my reply.

I definitely wanna continue, but I'm gonna lag it bit to do it. Stay out there on that plank, I'm climbing out there quick as I can.

I wanted to make sure you especially, but others know I ain't tucked tail and run :wave:
-Punkinhead Martin

Miles
Savant

Post #15

Post by Miles »

William wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:18 pm
Miles wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:00 pm
William wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:40 pm [Replying to Miles in post #7]

A: Nope. Why should it? I know, I know, god can do anything and in any way he wishes, but one has to ask why he would bother with the speaking part when ostensibly all that would be needed is a simple willing it to be so, as in the very beginning when "God made from nothing the heavens and the earth." with no mention of having had to say a thing.
When we 'will' something, this involves language and from that, imagery.
Can't buy this at all. I know that when turning into my driveway, while a matter of exercising my will, it doesn't involve language: thinking or saying any words. In fact, when turning, at times I have been engaged in conversation not at all related to the act.

That is not engaging the will
or for that matter, what it is I am actually saying.
Of course it is. If it wasn't I would have continued right down the road. I intended to turn rather than go straight, and that drove my will to do so rather than not.
My intention did not need to be verbalized in any way.

What I am talking about is related to the event described in the 4th video of the OP, which at least would have to require focused thought and intention regarding its creation.
What event in specific? In main, the subject of the 4th video had to do recognizing the number of observable galaxies in the universe.

What we call 'reality' may well be something which exists in the mind of [a] God.
Or something that exists in my mind. ;)
I was bored beyond belief.

William
Savant

Post #16

Post by William »

[Replying to Miles in post #15]
That is not engaging the will or for that matter, what it is I am actually saying.
Of course it is.

Your turning into your driveway whilst talking to a passenger and not even focused upon your driving or driveway, cannot really be considered a realistic example of one's will in action in the same way as it would have to be, in relation to creating Galaxies. At least, I am not buying it.
In main, the subject of the 4th video had to do recognizing the number of observable galaxies in the universe.
Yes - that event. The observing the sheer number of known to exist galaxies in the Universe.

The idea that these were created through the WILL of a creator simply isn't accurately comparable to your analogy of use of will to unconsciously turn your vehicle into your driveway.

Yes - but even so, WHY create this particular Universe, with its sheer number of Galaxies?
Re that, why create planet Earth? [to keep it local in context]

Also - re your analogy, can you explain how such complexity was the result of something you describe as nothing more an act of will than someone subconsciously following their will to turn into their driveway without any particular thought about it.

Miles
Savant

Post #17

Post by Miles »

William wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:28 pm [Replying to Miles in post #15]
Of course it is.
Actually it's not because half the time I go straight ahead.

Your turning into your driveway whilst talking to a passenger and not even focused upon your driving or driveway, cannot really be considered a realistic example of one's will in action. At least, I am not buying it.
Okay.
In main, the subject of the 4th video had to do recognizing the number of observable galaxies in the universe.
Yes - that event. The observing the sheer number of known to exist galaxies in the Universe.

The idea that these were created through the WILL of a creator simply isn't accurately comparable to your analogy of use of will to unconsciously turn your vehicle into your driveway.
Okay.

Yes - but even so, WHY create this particular Universe, with its sheer number of Galaxies?
Because universes without a sheer number of Galaxies is boring.

Also - re your analogy, can you explain how such complexity was the result of something you describe as nothing more an act of will than someone subconsciously following their will to turn into their driveway without any particular thought about it.
Actually, I gave no analogy, just an example. But in any case, like universes without a sheer number of Galaxies, our little give and take here has grown boring.

Have a good day.

William
Savant

Post #18

Post by William »

[Replying to Miles in post #17]
our little give and take here has grown boring.

Have a good day.
You Too.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by JoeyKnothead »

I figured it out - I'm wholly unprepared to debate in a whirlpool of back and forth questions..

I'm gonna tuck tail and see if I can't get the pretty thing to fix me a biscuit.
-Punkinhead Martin

otseng
Savant

Post #20

Post by otseng »

William wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:18 pm Q: Does Sound Create The Universe.
In a way, it could be true.

"According to string theory, absolutely everything in the universe—all of the particles that make up matter and forces—is comprised of tiny vibrating fundamental strings."
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/resonance.html