The Effect of Sound and The Universe

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

The Effect of Sound and The Universe

Post #1

Post by William »

Can silence actually drive someone crazy??

If anything, sound is more likely to drive one crazy, than silence.

A personality will use their brains to fill the silence with the sound of their inner voice and these sounds can translate to pictures [visions aka hallucinations] on the mind screen.

If silence could make someone crazy, how is it that this does not occur to deaf people?

Perhaps there is other stimuli [visual] which the personality can focus on.

Observation:

In the above video, the Silence Room is also made completely dark.

The only sound made is whatever the persons body produces. Non-sound still heard by the personality as sound, is accomplished through the internal voice of [which is largely of] the personality [subject] itself.

Deaf people might experience that inner voice more through the visual aspect of the 'inner voice' re "a picture paints a thousand words" and words being 'sounds'.
Blind people, the other way around.

Just as blind folk can feel objects which in turn gives them "pictures" of the object in their mind, perhaps deaf people can 'hear' through the vibrations that things produce, and create "sounds" in their minds through that process?

We can see that sound produces order from chaos.

The Evidence:

Sample One:

Sample Two:

A Theist Claim:

"We exist within a Creation and The Creator used Sound to create and maintain the Universe."

The Evidence:

Sample One:

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." ~ Genesis 1:3

Sample Two:

Conclusion:
FOR DEBATE:

Q: Does Sound Create The Universe.

Miles
Savant

Re: The Effect of Sound and The Universe

Post #2

Post by Miles »

A: Nope.

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

Miles wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:03 pm .
A: Nope.

Moderator Comment

Please note one-liners are against the rules.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sound's the product of compression waves in a medium.

Did the sound of this creator's voice create the medium through which it traveled before, during, or after the uttering?

And, of course, who's voice created this creator?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

William
Savant

Post #5

Post by William »

benchwarmer wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:13 pm [Replying to William in post #1]

Sorry for the off topic comment, but the idea that 'silence' can drive someone crazy resonates with me. I'm very sensitive to any noise when I'm trying to fall asleep or otherwise enjoying quiet time. The slightest sounds (particularly low frequency bass beats from neighbors music, etc) drive me kind of nuts. I have attempted to 'solve' this by using really good hearing protection, but when I do that I have the issue described by the video. I can hear my own heartbeat and then that drives me nuts. I am able to eventually tune out my own heartbeat, but it's still hard.

I think it has to do with control for me. If I can't turn off an annoying sound, my stress level goes up. I certainly don't want to be turning off my heart :D
I think it is related to the topic, as the video about the Silent Room mentions it.
Sound is a pressure wave that must travel through something to propagate. How could sound do anything before anything exists?
It may be that something did exist [as potential] and that sound was what activated that potential by bringing it into mass [galaxies].

The 'something' would be what everything is made of, and sound had the effect of condensing that and producing the various forms we call galaxies.
Regarding God saying anything, again, the sound would have to travel through something to do anything.

The imagery certainly can imply that the God has form and in that, some kind of voice box and vocal chords - but may not mean that.
That is why I also mentioned the 'inner voice' as something most folk 'hear' as 'sound'. Actual sound making apparatus is not necessary.

I would think the intention and god magic would do the creating, not pressure waves that have to travel through something to get anywhere.
Yes. And the intention may create the thought or the thought may create the intention. This may result in what we inside the Universe see and experience as the result of the sound made through the thought had, as it creates what we understand as waves/vibrations, as shown in the video re Cymatics, where particles condense together creating certain patterns because of the frequencies involved. Quantum Particles.

Getting back to the Silent Room and our thoughts, relating that to the mind of a Creator, such a mind Created the Universe, it may have been originally based upon consciousness alone, without form or apparent function, Hallucinating what we call "reality", into existence...because thought has to 'go somewhere'

Also to note, we are not existing in some completed Creation, as it appears to be [relatively speaking] in the very early stages of its somewhat predicted life-span.

William
Savant

Post #6

Post by William »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:07 pm Sound's the product of compression waves in a medium.
Ordinarily, yes. When we view Galaxies, we can see this and relate it to what we know about sound.
Did the sound of this creator's voice create the medium through which it traveled before, during, or after the uttering?
Does the sound of our own voice(s) which we obviously hear, produce waves in our mind which in turn create images?
Could this be the process we are witnessing - where the 'sound' isn't 'heard' but the effects are still seen?

Are we therefore, existing in the mind of said creator?

As to the medium, can that be understood as the 'mind' of said creator, and identified by us as Quantum Particles?

And, of course, who's voice created this creator?
Irrelevant to the thread topic.

Miles
Savant

Post #7

Post by Miles »

[Amendation of post 2]

A: Nope. Why should it? I know, I know, god can do anything and in any way he wishes, but one has to ask why he would bother with the speaking part when ostensibly all that would be needed is a simple willing it to be so, as in the very beginning when "God made from nothing the heavens and the earth." with no mention of having had to say a thing.

William
Savant

Post #8

Post by William »

[Replying to Athetotheist in post #9]
Silence does not drive you crazy. Many people are profoundly deaf and perfectly sane.
"Perfectly sane' is open to debate.

It might be that given enough time, someone within the Silence Room will loose all memory of the reality that they are in the Silence Room, as their mind fills in the gaps and creates realities for them to experience as a means of doing something with the consciousness they have/are.

William
Savant

Post #9

Post by William »

[Replying to Miles in post #7]

A: Nope. Why should it? I know, I know, god can do anything and in any way he wishes, but one has to ask why he would bother with the speaking part when ostensibly all that would be needed is a simple willing it to be so, as in the very beginning when "God made from nothing the heavens and the earth." with no mention of having had to say a thing.
When we 'will' something, this involves language and from that, imagery. While this of course happens internally and therefore we [each of us who can do so] are subjective witnesses to the fact that we 'hear' our inner 'voice' and from that, create said images, we understand it as a real process.

We can - from that point - use material [condensed Quantum Particle] which is already available, in order to make that which we image into something tangible. We call this process "invention".

The sound God made, can be understood in that same way, and explain what 'in the image of' means, re Humans.
We have the same ability to create things in our mind [ideas] which one would expect in a Universe which shows us that frequencies and patterns are involved in how things are formed. Everything is a micro to its macro.

What we call 'reality' may well be something which exists in the mind of [a] God.

Miles
Savant

Post #10

Post by Miles »

William wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:40 pm [Replying to Miles in post #7]

When we 'will' something, this involves language and from that, imagery.
Can't buy this at all. I know that when turning into my driveway, while a matter of exercising my will, it doesn't involve language: thinking or saying any words. In fact, when turning, at times I have been engaged in conversation not at all related to the act.
What we call 'reality' may well be something which exists in the mind of [a] God.
Or something that exists in my mind. ;)