Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

A 6 Day Creation

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 961 here:
EarthScienceguy wrote: There is now more evidence than ever before about 6-day creation.
For debate:

Please offer evidence for a literal six day creation of the Universe.

Please remember that in this section of the site the Bible is not considered authoritative.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Re: A 6 Day Creation

Post #71

Post by Sherlock Holmes »

brunumb wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:12 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:22 pm As I suspected, all talk and no action.

You believe a ton of stuff yet you've never verified any of it have y'all?

Was Spartacus real?

Was Aristotle real?

and the list goes on and on and on, y'all believe in them yet y'all ain't verified none.
You left out the Holy Spirit which I don't recall you ever demonstrating to be real. Where is the evidence for this being that is so important in determining who is a True Christian™ or not? Let's face it, you believe purely because of indoctrination.
My questions were hardly about anything contentious, I asked him about what he regards as true from ancient history and to show me how he went about "verifying" it was true, he has no answer and I suspect you don't either.

brunumb
Savant

Post #72

Post by brunumb »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:01 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:22 pm As I suspected, all talk and no action.

Was Spartacus real?

Was Aristotle real?

and the list goes on and on and on, y'all believe in them yet y'all ain't verified none.
You left out the Holy Spirit which I don't recall you ever demonstrating to be real. Where is the evidence for this being that is so important in determining who is a True Christian™ or not? Let's face it, you believe purely because of indoctrination.
My questions were hardly about anything contentious, I asked him about what he regards as true from ancient history and to show me how he went about "verifying" it was true, he has no answer and I suspect you don't either.
Your questions really amount to no more than an admission that you accept the unverified existence of the Holy Spirit on faith. Just because we accept unverified stuff does not validate your unverified beliefs. The bottom line is then that you have no way of demonstrating the truth of a 6-day creation event or the existence of the Holy Spirit. If you consider that as being incorrect, then all you have to do is present your evidence to the contrary.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

otseng
Savant

Post #73

Post by otseng »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:22 pm He sure sounds like you when he's a talkin, and like you he lives in the Twilight Zone with lots of other atheists.
:warning: Moderator Final Warning

Please cease with the personal comments.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

alexxcJRO
Guru

Post #74

Post by alexxcJRO »

EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:30 pm This is not what you said you believed because of:
• testimonial evidence of the Bible
• my personal religious experience
• the universe seemed wonderous, intricate, complicated
• spoked in Heavenly languages when they spoked in tongues
Sir these: "testimonial evidence of the Bible; my personal religious experience; the universe seemed wonderous; intricate; complicated; fellow Church members spoked in tongues;" were the reasons for believing in God(Yahweh-Jesus).
One cannot be a Christian and not believe also he is a sinner and needs to repent. That is a key doctrine point.
EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:30 pm I understand the type of Church you were in. There seems to be a lot of people from that type of Church on this forum that say they do not believe in the Bible anymore.
I was in a normal Christian Church sir. Where believers and followers of Christ gather to have communion with their God. Where they sing, pray and listen to Bible being preached.

EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:30 pm Why did you believe you were a sinner?

Because I was a Christian and read the Bible.
It is a claim found in the Bible.

EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:30 pm Narrow is the road that leads to life and few will find it. It is narrow because it is a hard road to travel. Most of the time God puts trials in your life, not prosperity.

Yes I believed that claim too.
It was often preached in the Church too.

EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:30 pm When you become a Christian you can rest assured that trouble is coming your way. You may ask why would anyone become a Christian? The answer is the same for all Christians the weight of sin is heavier than anything in this world. That is the cost you are counting. Is the weight of the sin that must be carried heavier than any trouble in this world.

Evidently, for you, the answer was no. The weight of sin was not heavier than the weight of this world.
I did not believed anymore because I like to “sin” sir.
I simply expanded my knowledge of the world, learned logic and philosophy, science, historicity of the bible.
I simply became unconvinced. I did not choose this.
I went from YEC to OEC. Then from OEC to rejecting the Old Testament mostly. And then I gave up on the New Testament and Christianity after my knowledge concerning the gospels and aspects of our reality increased.
In the process as I was developing a skeptical, scientific way of thinking, a logical way of looking at things I gave up other beliefs too(ghosts, Strigois, the Greys, conspiracies and so one).
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
"God is a insignificant nobody. He is so unimportant that no one would even know he exists if evolution had not made possible for animals capable of abstract thought to exist and invent him"
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #75

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:22 pm So you actually believe none of what is claimed in ancient history books? you implied you have confirmed things, so what? and how?
I will not be goaded into supporting claims I don't make - especially by someone who so often refuses to support their own.
As I suspected, all talk and no action.
That's rich, considering your repeatedly refusing to support your claims.
Careful now, I know how upset you get when rules of grammar are not followed.
Was Spartacus real?
Beats me.
Was Aristotle real?
I can't offer any reliable means to confirm this'n.
How might I confirm I believe in members of a list, when the only data you supply is the on and onity of that list?
By the way, is this you?

You're confusing fictional tv for reality.
He sure sounds like you when he's a talkin, and like you he lives in the Twilight Zone with lots of other atheists.
How might we confirm you know what I sound like?

Yet again, you use insults in lieu of sound argumentation.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Post #76

brunumb wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:10 pm

Was Spartacus real?

Was Aristotle real?

Your questions really amount to no more than an admission that you accept the unverified existence of the Holy Spirit on faith.
My question is reasonable and remains unanswered, if you want to introduce the "Holy Spirit" we can certainly do that, I'm not opposed to discussing anything but you seem reticent to answer a simple question.

I asked him/you about what he/you regards as true from ancient history and to show me how he/you went about "verifying" it was true, he has no answer and I suspect you don't either.
brunumb wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:10 pm Just because we accept unverified stuff does not validate your unverified beliefs.
I never said it did. What it does mean is that you are prepared to accept as true claims that you have not verified and so you are in a weaker position than me because I have at least taken step to verify the New Testament.
brunumb wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:10 pm The bottom line is then that you have no way of demonstrating the truth of a 6-day creation event or the existence of the Holy Spirit.
If verification mattered to you then you'd not believe most of what you do about ancient history, why do you demand evidence for what I believe but not for what you yourself believe?
brunumb wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:10 pm If you consider that as being incorrect, then all you have to do is present your evidence to the contrary.
Of course, that's why I've been asking how you decide what claims in ancient history you believe and why, once you explain the process you use to evaluate said claims I'll be able to show you what I regard as evidence.

You atheists do love to procrastinate don't you!

Sherlock Holmes

Post #77

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:11 am
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:22 pm So you actually believe none of what is claimed in ancient history books? you implied you have confirmed things, so what? and how?
I will not be goaded into supporting claims I don't make - especially by someone who so often refuses to support their own.
As I suspected, all talk and no action.
That's rich, considering your repeatedly refusing to support your claims.
Careful now, I know how upset you get when rules of grammar are not followed.
Was Spartacus real?
Beats me.
Was Aristotle real?
I can't offer any reliable means to confirm this'n.
How might I confirm I believe in members of a list, when the only data you supply is the on and onity of that list?
By the way, is this you?

You're confusing fictional tv for reality.
He sure sounds like you when he's a talkin, and like you he lives in the Twilight Zone with lots of other atheists.
How might we confirm you know what I sound like?

Yet again, you use insults in lieu of sound argumentation.
Stop the endless procrastination man, it seems that just asking you a question that you really don't want to honestly answer is an "insult" in your world. Get a thicker skin, stop complaining and step up and robustly defend what you say please.

otseng
Savant

Post #78

Post by otseng »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:01 pm You atheists do love to procrastinate don't you!
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:07 pm Stop the endless procrastination man, it seems that just asking you a question that you really don't want to honestly answer is an "insult" in your world. Get a thicker skin, stop complaining and step up and robustly defend what you say please.
:warning: Moderator Warning

Again, please avoid personal comments.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

brunumb
Savant

Post #79

Post by brunumb »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:01 pm

Was Spartacus real?

Was Aristotle real?

Your questions really amount to no more than an admission that you accept the unverified existence of the Holy Spirit on faith.
My question is reasonable and remains unanswered, if you want to introduce the "Holy Spirit" we can certainly do that, I'm not opposed to discussing anything but you seem reticent to answer a simple question.

I asked him/you about what he/you regards as true from ancient history and to show me how he/you went about "verifying" it was true, he has no answer and I suspect you don't either.
brunumb wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:10 pm Just because we accept unverified stuff does not validate your unverified beliefs.
I never said it did. What it does mean is that you are prepared to accept as true claims that you have not verified and so you are in a weaker position than me because I have at least taken step to verify the New Testament.
brunumb wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:10 pm The bottom line is then that you have no way of demonstrating the truth of a 6-day creation event or the existence of the Holy Spirit.
If verification mattered to you then you'd not believe most of what you do about ancient history, why do you demand evidence for what I believe but not for what you yourself believe?
brunumb wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:10 pm If you consider that as being incorrect, then all you have to do is present your evidence to the contrary.
Of course, that's why I've been asking how you decide what claims in ancient history you believe and why, once you explain the process you use to evaluate said claims I'll be able to show you what I regard as evidence.

No. You do not present evidence or support your claims. All you do is use diversionary tactics like asking questions in your responses rather than answering the questions you have been asked. You then treat the unwillingness of people to swallow your bait and be diverted from expecting your answers as some sort of victory. You've actually done nothing to verify the New Testament or the 6-day creation event. Please note that what I believe or don't believe about ancient history is totally irrelevant when it comes to you demonstrating that your claims are true. The casual observer should be left in no doubt that you can't.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Sherlock Holmes

Post #80

brunumb wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:44 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:01 pm

Was Spartacus real?

Was Aristotle real?

No. You do not present evidence or support your claims. All you do is use diversionary tactics like asking questions in your responses rather than answering the questions you have been asked. You then treat the unwillingness of people to swallow your bait and be diverted from expecting your answers as some sort of victory. You've actually done nothing to verify the New Testament or the 6-day creation event. Please note that what I believe or don't believe about ancient history is totally irrelevant when it comes to you demonstrating that your claims are true. The casual observer should be left in no doubt that you can't.
The universe is convincing evidence for the existence of God, I must have said that a hundred times, so as you can see I do regularly present evidence, what more do you want from me here?

Now please explain how you have verified claims from ancient history that you regard as true? what exactly is the systematic process you followed? or do you not actually have a systematic process? do you believe claims of ancient history based on faith?