Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

A 6 Day Creation

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 961 here:
EarthScienceguy wrote: There is now more evidence than ever before about 6-day creation.
For debate:

Please offer evidence for a literal six day creation of the Universe.

Please remember that in this section of the site the Bible is not considered authoritative.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: A 6 Day Creation

Post #321

Post by JoeyKnothead »

dad1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:17 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:23 pm
dad1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:13 pm The OP said that the bible is banned as any authoritative source or evidence.
OP wrote: Please remember that in this section of the site the Bible is not considered authoritative.
You really need a dictionary.

It said nothing about banning books.
Those who cry because science cannot deny or confirm some things above their paygrade are not my problem.
Lol
Well in the thread it was made clear it was not accepted as evidence. Funny that other beliefs are.
Do you accept religious texts other'n the bible as scientifically rigorous?

While I'm no mod, my understanding is biblical claims that pass scientific muster'd be good to go.
-Punkinhead Martin

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #322

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to dad1 in post #320]
Make a point and use links as support.

You need to make a point and use a link as support, so we can check.
That's exactly what I did. Pointed out that science does know a lot about continental drift and provided a couple of links to support that claim. What did you do? Called them "spam" and evidently didn't bother to read them and learn something. I won't waste any more time on this nonsense.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #323

Post by dad1 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:41 pm
dad1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:17 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:23 pm
dad1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:13 pm The OP said that the bible is banned as any authoritative source or evidence.
OP wrote: Please remember that in this section of the site the Bible is not considered authoritative.
You really need a dictionary.

It said nothing about banning books.
Those who cry because science cannot deny or confirm some things above their paygrade are not my problem.
Lol
Well in the thread it was made clear it was not accepted as evidence. Funny that other beliefs are.
Do you accept religious texts other'n the bible as scientifically rigorous?

While I'm no mod, my understanding is biblical claims that pass scientific muster'd be good to go.
Yes, I accept the belief set of science as being rigorous and that it even has it's place in the present time, despite the great potential for abuse. As far as how God created the world He gave us only one account. Just like there is only one God. The rest are either demons, fakes, liars, or in the dark.

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #324

Post by dad1 »

DrNoGods wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:50 pm
That's exactly what I did. Pointed out that science does know a lot about continental drift and provided a couple of links to support that claim.
The package deal that is the theory of plate tectonics and the timelines etc are not science, but belief based and falsely called part of science. The dates are belief based. The timing is belief based. Etc. So you cannot spam package deal links as science. You need to make a point as explained. What would you like to defend, the dates? The rates of movement? The timing? or?
It appears as if you just wanted to post doctrines as if we never heard of this before and as if it was all fact. Good luck with that.

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #325

Post by dad1 »

No claims or accounts that involve anything spiritual such as creation could possibly 'pass scientific muster'd'. Science is far too small to be able to cover that. So you are suggesting that we be small minded and restricted to infantile musings of some physical only discipline that has no possibility of dealing with the issue? (otherwise you won't or can't discuss it)

brunumb
Savant

Post #326

Post by brunumb »

DrNoGods wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:50 pm [Replying to dad1 in post #320]

That's exactly what I did. Pointed out that science does know a lot about continental drift and provided a couple of links to support that claim. What did you do? Called them "spam" and evidently didn't bother to read them and learn something. I won't waste any more time on this nonsense.
This is no longer a debate. It is simply a to-and-fro involving science denial in the extreme. A complete waste of time. Magic somehow trumps reality.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #327

Post by dad1 »

brunumb wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:48 am
DrNoGods wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:50 pm [Replying to dad1 in post #320]

This is no longer a debate. It is simply a to-and-fro involving science denial in the extreme. A complete waste of time. Magic somehow trumps reality.
The reality is that science and you do not know anything about creation. Calling things magic that do not fit in your little box won't work.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #328

Post by JoeyKnothead »

dad1 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:22 am As far as how God created the world He gave us only one account.
I challenge you to show a god gave us anything.
Just like there is only one God.
Please offer so.e means to confirm this is true.
The rest are either demons, fakes, liars, or in the dark.
And this.
-Punkinhead Martin

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #329

Post by dad1 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:58 am I challenge you to show a god gave us anything.
Jesus said Scripture was from God and proved it by His miracles and rising from the dead.
Just like there is only one God.
Please offer so.e means to confirm this is true.
Ask Him.
The rest are either demons, fakes, liars, or in the dark.
And this.
Jesus said all who ever came before Him were thieves and robbers and wolves. He said there is no other way. Would that not be considered in the dark?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #330

Post by JoeyKnothead »

dad1 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:30 am
No claims or accounts that involve anything spiritual such as creation could possibly 'pass scientific muster'd'.
It ain't my fault religious claims can't pass scientific vigor.
Science is far too small to be able to cover that. So you are suggesting that we be small minded and restricted to infantile musings of some physical only discipline that has no possibility of dealing with the issue? (otherwise you won't or can't discuss it)
I ain't here to pick on ya for being small minded, nor your infantile musings.

I seek to determine if the OP claims can be confirmed beyond, "See, it's in this book right here."

Thus far all I'm getting out of you is a bucket of tears so salty I can't even water the plants with it.
-Punkinhead Martin