Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

A 6 Day Creation

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 961 here:
EarthScienceguy wrote: There is now more evidence than ever before about 6-day creation.
For debate:

Please offer evidence for a literal six day creation of the Universe.

Please remember that in this section of the site the Bible is not considered authoritative.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

otseng
Savant

Re: A 6 Day Creation

Post #421

Post by otseng »

Jose Fly wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:45 pm Good grief man...you are so frustrating to talk with sometimes. Again I have to plead with you to.....pay attention!

Please try to pay attention....please.
Moderator Comment

Again, please cease from the personal comments.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Jose Fly
Guru

Post #422

Post by Jose Fly »

Eloi wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:02 pm When I refer to EVOLUTION I mean MACROEVOLUTION.
Doesn't matter....we see macroevolution happen too.
Stop your fairytales. Don't you get tired of repeating the same untruths to yourself over and over again? Nobody has evidence for macroevolution.
First, given your stance about the Bible and how nothing can contradict it, plus being a JW, it's hardly surprising to see you say that. It's expected in fact.

Second, when you say "nobody has evidence for macroevolution", I gotta ask.....how do you know? Just how up to speed on the science of evolutionary biology are you?
Saying that two animals look alike is like saying that the sky and the sea are both blue. It's the dumbest thing anyone can come up with as proof of evolution. Excuse my honesty.
Where have you seen any scientist say that because two organisms look alike, evolution is proven? Be specific.
Being apathetic is great....or not. I don't really care.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #423

Post by Clownboat »

Eloi wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:02 pm When I refer to EVOLUTION I mean MACROEVOLUTION. Stop your fairytales. Don't you get tired of repeating the same untruths to yourself over and over again? Nobody has evidence for macroevolution.
Woops! I'm guessing you ment something other then macroevolution.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

I wonder what you really mean when you say macroevolution.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #424

Post by Eloi »

Suppose the scenario where primates are becoming humans actually existed. For that to happen, it would have to be the case of two fully grown homosapiens meeting and after that procreating a fully grown homosapiens male. He, in turn, would have to find a fully grown female of his own species and procreate with her, and so on.

That scenario doesn't seem plausible, first of all, because sophisticated females have always liked more primitive males, hehehe. So stop the stories from now on; species do not interbreed with each other. Seriously, what are the chances of the occurrence of something like that? In how much time?

Imagine you have to repeat the same process on each species of plant an animal before arriving to humans. Evolutionists are pure storytellers. I do not need stories to sleep.

Jose Fly
Guru

Post #425

Post by Jose Fly »

Eloi wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:26 pm Suppose the scenario where primates are becoming humans actually existed. For that to happen, it would have to be the case of two fully grown homosapiens meeting and after that procreating a fully grown homosapiens male. He, in turn, would have to find a fully grown female of his own species and procreate with her, and so on.
That's not how speciation works. Would you like to learn how it does work?
So stop the stories from now on; species do not interbreed with each other. Seriously, what are the chances of the occurrence of something like that? In how much time?
The evolution of new species has been observed, multiple times, among diverse taxa. Would you like to see?
Evolutionists are pure storytellers. I do not need stories to sleep.
Hmmmmm....I wonder if I should report this?

otseng
Savant

Post #426

Post by otseng »

Eloi wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:26 pmEvolutionists are pure storytellers. I do not need stories to sleep.
Moderator Comment

Please debate without the opining of evolutionists.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #427

Post by Eloi »

Everyone knows that if there are two very close but different species that can procreate, the offspring end up being hybrids and sterile. These are laws that geneticists know very well. Otherwise, future generations decline in quality and end up getting sick until they disappear. Many experiments have been tried on this. Everything else is pure story; theories that are elaborated but that in practice never find support or evidence of ever having happened in real life. They are nothing more than imagined stories ... Drink your own tea.

Jose Fly
Guru

Post #428

Post by Jose Fly »

Eloi wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:44 pm Everyone knows that if there are two very close but different species that can procreate, the offspring end up being hybrids and sterile. These are laws that geneticists know very well. Otherwise, future generations decline in quality and end up getting sick until they disappear. Many experiments have been tried on this. Everything else is pure story; theories that are elaborated but that in practice never find support or evidence of ever having happened in real life. They are nothing more than imagined stories ... Drink your own tea.
Except for that pesky little fact that the evolution of new species has been repeatedly observed.

Darn that reality!! :P

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #429

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to Eloi in post #427]
Everyone knows that if there are two very close but different species that can procreate, the offspring end up being hybrids and sterile.
Don't tell that to the many hundreds of millions of humans alive today with Neanderthal genes! Homo sapiens interbred with a different member of the genus Homo and those offspring were anything but sterile. We're all living proof of that today. Full genome sequencing of both Homo sapiens and Neanderthals proves this beyond any doubt.

https://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/ge ... erbreeding
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #430

Post by Eloi »

Yeah, sure ... You can call Neanderthal an abatwa, and homosapiens an abatutsi without even mention that both of them are humans in order to make believe that they are two different species 8-)

I have a couple of cousins myself on my mother's side that if someone found their bones in about 1000 years from now would say they were Neanderthals :P