Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

A 6 Day Creation

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 961 here:
EarthScienceguy wrote: There is now more evidence than ever before about 6-day creation.
For debate:

Please offer evidence for a literal six day creation of the Universe.

Please remember that in this section of the site the Bible is not considered authoritative.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

dad1
Under Suspension

Re: A 6 Day Creation

Post #301

Post by dad1 »

brunumb wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:56 pm
Putting the spiritual and creation squarely in the same bin as the non-existent or purely imaginary. Wishful thinking and faith are not pathways to the truth.
You can arrange your mind and beliefs any way you like. What you fail to do is support them here.

brunumb
Savant

Post #302

Post by brunumb »

dad1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:35 pm You do realize that forces exist that work to cause this radioactivity?
Not sure about that. I am interested in hearing you tell us what these forces are and how they operate within the nucleus of an atom causing radioactive decay.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #303

Post by JoeyKnothead »

dad1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:54 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:39 pm Score that as one agin the claim presented in the OP.
There is no evidence for creation from science. There is no authoritative source other than the Bible for creation. Therefore when someone calls for evidence and bans the bible as possible evidence one is left in the dark with nothing at all. If you are happy with that, OK.
Nobody's banned the bible, cept to note it ain't considered authoritative.
That being said I will point out that science has no evidence that is against a 6 day creation by God!
Nor does it seem science can confirm any of it.

Sounds like a problem for the claimant.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #304

Post by dad1 »

brunumb wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:01 pm
Assumptions.
Reasoned educated and informed deduction actually.
Now all you need to do is demonstrate the truth of those unsupported claims.
Science knows the continents moved a lot. What it doesn't know is why and when. Fitting this known quantity into a bible timeframe does indicate that the move was after the flood year. Now you can say science disagrees, but what you can't do is support that here. Why? Because I will expose it as faith based, rather than science.
Science, on the other hand, has thoroughly debunked the biblical flood along with the absurd explanations put forward by creationists.
Sorry, that is less than an old wives tale.
Show us how science debunked the bible or creation?
There was no Noah and no flood
No? No Abraham either? Jacob? Moses? David? Keep us posted on where you draw the line.

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #305

Post by dad1 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:08 pm
dad1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:54 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:39 pm Score that as one agin the claim presented in the OP.
There is no evidence for creation from science. There is no authoritative source other than the Bible for creation. Therefore when someone calls for evidence and bans the bible as possible evidence one is left in the dark with nothing at all. If you are happy with that, OK.
Nobody's banned the bible, cept to note it ain't considered authoritative.
That being said I will point out that science has no evidence that is against a 6 day creation by God!
Nor does it seem science can confirm any of it.

Sounds like a problem for the claimant.
The OP said that the bible is banned as any authoritative source or evidence. Those who cry because science cannot deny or confirm some things above their paygrade are not my problem.

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #306

Post by dad1 »

brunumb wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:07 pm
Not sure about that. I am interested in hearing you tell us what these forces are and how they operate within the nucleus of an atom causing radioactive decay.
Why would I go off topic? The topic is not HOW things operate now. The issue is whether science knows that the forces and laws that make them operate as they do existed in the distant past on earth or not.

brunumb
Savant

Post #307

Post by brunumb »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:52 pm I'm always struck how uniformitarianism, continuous processes are assumed by materialists ignoring the fact that there must have been a discontinuity at some point in the past when everything started to exist.
I'm always struck by the way everything is supposed to have begun with the appearance of having been around doing things for a very, very long time before. Billions of galaxies and trillions of stars all created at the same time in hugely different stages of development. Light already on its way to Earth so that it arrives with the appearance of having traveled for billions of years. Earthly landscapes with millions of years of wear and tear already built in. Isotopic abundances in various amounts that the creator imagined would be interesting or whatever. The list goes on and on. It's no wonder we get the old fall back excuse "God works in mysterious ways". The whole scenario makes absolutely no sense with God in the picture and there is no logical explanation for what we actually observe in the universe based on a creation even as described in the Bible.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

Diogenes
Guru

Post #308

Post by Diogenes »

[Replying to DrNoGods in post #261]
Matthew 7:6 comes to mind. :)
“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

Before You Embark On A Journey Of Revenge, Dig Two Graves

— Confucius

brunumb
Savant

Post #309

Post by brunumb »

dad1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:05 pm
brunumb wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:56 pm
Putting the spiritual and creation squarely in the same bin as the non-existent or purely imaginary. Wishful thinking and faith are not pathways to the truth.
You can arrange your mind and beliefs any way you like. What you fail to do is support them here.
We can summarise your entire argument here with "'Tis not". That is all you have presented.

brunumb
Savant

Post #310

Post by brunumb »

dad1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:11 pm Science knows the continents moved a lot. What it doesn't know is why and when.
On the contrary. If you study up a little on plate tectonics you might come to the realisation that the creationist version of it all happening in the framework of the biblical flood is impossible.