Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

A 6 Day Creation

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 961 here:
EarthScienceguy wrote: There is now more evidence than ever before about 6-day creation.
For debate:

Please offer evidence for a literal six day creation of the Universe.

Please remember that in this section of the site the Bible is not considered authoritative.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: A 6 Day Creation

Post #331

Post by JoeyKnothead »

dad1 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:02 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:58 am I challenge you to show a god gave us anything.
Jesus said Scripture was from God and proved it by His miracles and rising from the dead.
Please offer some means to confirm the following:

Jesus spoke
He said what you say he did
Jesus or God there performed miracles
Jesus rose from the dead
Just like there is only one God.
Please offer some means to confirm this is true.
Ask Him.
You're the claimant, the burden of showing you speak truth is yours, not mine.
Jesus said all who ever came before Him were thieves and robbers and wolves. He said there is no other way. Would that not be considered in the dark?

Jesus spoke
All who came before Jesus were thieves and robbers.

I concede you seem to be in the dark about many things.
-Punkinhead Martin

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #332

Post by dad1 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:10 am It ain't my fault religious claims can't pass scientific vigor.
Like other cultish religions the vigour tests and standards of so called science keep out other ideas and freedom and truth and beliefs.
I ain't here to pick on ya for being small minded, nor your infantile musings.
You can say that again. You are here to be an example of how science knows nothing about creation.

I seek to determine if the OP claims can be confirmed beyond, "See, it's in this book right here."
So we are to look everywhere else but where actual answers can be found on creation. Got it.
Thus far all I'm getting out of you is a bucket of tears so salty I can't even water the plants with it.
Pretend all you like.

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #333

Post by dad1 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:18 am Please offer some means to confirm the following:

Jesus spoke
Jesus rose from the dead
If one leads a horse to water, one cannot make the horse drink when the horse is galloping away.
God claims we will know if we try Him. Billions found that is true and works. There is no burden when we do that. The burden is with those who refused.

Jesus spoke
Please offer us some means to deny it.
If you could demo that you knew the difference that may matter.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #334

Post by JoeyKnothead »

dad1 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:55 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:10 am It ain't my fault religious claims can't pass scientific vigor.
Like other cultish religions the vigour tests and standards of so called science keep out other ideas and freedom and truth and beliefs.
Oh woe is me, them mean ol scientists reject my claims, and here I have me an utterer.
JK wrote: I ain't here to pick on ya for being small minded, nor your infantile musings.
You can say that again.
I'm fraid if I do say it again, everyone'll know I was picking on ya to begin with.
You are here to be an example of how science knows nothing about creation.
I'm here to find out if the claims presented in the OP can be shown to be truth.
Pretend all you like.
Okay.

I'll pretend you're intelligent.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #335

Post by JoeyKnothead »

dad1 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:00 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:18 am Please offer some means to confirm the following:

Jesus spoke
Jesus rose from the dead
If one leads a horse to water, one cannot make the horse drink when the horse is galloping away.
Are you saying Jesus was a horse?
God claims we will know if we try Him.
Ya know what, I was gonna just keep poking fun at your answers, but it's abundantly clear you're incapable of showing you speak truth, if not entirely incapable of speaking it.

The liar lies, and the preacher preaches.
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Post #336

Post by Sherlock Holmes »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:18 am
dad1 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:02 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:58 am I challenge you to show a god gave us anything.
Jesus said Scripture was from God and proved it by His miracles and rising from the dead.

Jesus spoke
Jesus rose from the dead
Just like there is only one God.
Please offer some means to confirm this is true.
Ask Him.
Jesus said all who ever came before Him were thieves and robbers and wolves. He said there is no other way. Would that not be considered in the dark?

Jesus spoke

We've discussed these kinds of questions before Joey. You ask for evidence, you ask people to "show" this or that but what you really want is to be shown something that will convince you personally. The NT is evidence for Christ in the opinions of huge numbers of people, among them scholars and historians, scientists even! That you do not regard something as evidence does not prove that it isn't evidence, this is the gap that seems to come up often when discussing this subject with skeptics.

Dad1 has shown you evidence, you choose to dismiss it and that's fine you can, but that does not prove that it isn't evidence.

All evidence is interpreted by the individual and as I said to you recently different people interpret things in different ways. Like I interpret the fossil record as evidence of discontinuity whereas others interpret it as evidence for continuity, different people, different interpretations.

We are not dealing with mathematics or logic here, logic where truth can be unambiguously and impersonally determined from axioms and logical reasoning, we are dealing with human interpretation a very different thing.

Sherlock Holmes

Post #337

Post by Sherlock Holmes »

brunumb wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:01 pm
dad1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:45 pm There also was some major things going on after the flood year, such as probably the rapid continental movement and mountain building (subduction, uplift,pushing together of land mass to form mountains etc etc etc) So the high mountains of today were not here in the time of the flood.
Assumptions. Now all you need to do is demonstrate the truth of those unsupported claims.
One cannot "demonstrate the truth" of any assumption unless one introduces further assumptions.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #338

Post by Clownboat »

Clownboat wrote:What a meaningless, self serving religious platitude.
No more than observing lots of water going over Niagara Falls is some platitude.
Actually, it is worse then that. Niagara Falls can be shown to be real. None of the available gods concepts can be shown to exist. You didn't think of this major difference?
People in denial have a choice on ignoring the truth they denied?
Again, another statement devoid of any meaning. Let me have a go! People singing have a choice to ingnore the words they are singing. What do I win?
Perhaps try to make an actual argument.
(Left this in as it still seems relavent).
You do that, rather than calling the overwhelmingly obvious and repeated and tested a 'platitude'!!
I await with great egerness to witness the overwhelmingly obvious and repeated and tested evidence for a gods power in the life of men.
Once again, I only see you shouting Allahu Akbar at us. Please evidence what you claim is there. If you don't/can't, please note that you would make a great Muslim.
Like the 6 day creation event is likely true do to x, y and z.
It is absolutely certainly true due to Jesus rising from the dead.
Allahu Akbar!!! Non sequitur. One surely doesn't follow from the other!

There is no known mechanism to reverse the process of a dead and decomposing body. Your certainty is certainly not justified with anything but personal faith in a religious belief. Allahu Akbar!!!
That was witnessed by many, and He appeared to over five hundred people after He rose from the dead.
Please show that you speak the truth.
While your at it:
Matthew 27:52 and tombs opened. The bodies of many godly men and women who had died were raised from the dead. (Odd as no one else seemed to notice).
What is true also is that science has no possible comment on the issue and there is no possible science case against it.
Actully it is science (the observation part specifically) that informs us as to what happens to a dead body after days of decomposition. Surely you know, yet you claimed otherwise. Hmmm...
We will know them by their fruits.
Hmmm...
When the fruits are lies and misleading platitudes, I guess we do know a lot about various posters.
The readers will decide who is reasonable and who is just shouting Allahu Akbar in our faces.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #339

Post by Clownboat »

dad1 wrote:Most people in all ages claim spirits are real. Don't blame me for pointing out that evidence. Have you evidence that most people on earth are and always were wrong? Why would we question this? Science is UNABLE to scrutinize this evidence. The evidence raised was that most people on the planet have always experienced things that they attributed to spirits.
If you care to understand more on it:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ble-beings
Why do people believe in invisible beings?
We evolved in an environment containing many agents - family members, friends, rivals, predators, prey, and so on. Spotting and understanding other agents helps us survive and reproduce. So we evolved to be sensitive to them - oversensitive in fact. Hear a rustle in the bushes behind you and you instinctively spin round, looking for an agent. Most times, there's no one there - just the wind in the leaves. But, in the environment in which we evolved, on those few occasions when there was an agent present, detecting it might well save your life. Far better to avoid several imaginary predators than be eaten by a real one. Thus evolution will select for an inheritable tendency to not just detect - but over detect - agency. We have evolved to possess (or, perhaps more plausibly, to be) hyper-active agency detectors.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #340

Post by Eloi »

The ideas of 1) a primitive man and 2) an invention of the concept of God at that "primitive" stage, are two completely opposite ideas.

The idea of a Creator God and invisible beings is too complex to have come from the mind of a semi-animal, as atheists would have us believe. It must have arisen in the first place from direct communication at some point in the past, and then passed down from one generation to another.