Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

A 6 Day Creation

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 961 here:
EarthScienceguy wrote: There is now more evidence than ever before about 6-day creation.
For debate:

Please offer evidence for a literal six day creation of the Universe.

Please remember that in this section of the site the Bible is not considered authoritative.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Re: A 6 Day Creation

Post #2

Post by Sherlock Holmes »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:15 pm From Post 961 here:
EarthScienceguy wrote: There is now more evidence than ever before about 6-day creation.
For debate:

Please remember that in this section of the site the Bible is not considered authoritative.
He was speaking about the Bible I believe, how can you ask a question about the Bible and not allow people to refer to the Bible in their answer?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:29 pm
For debate:

He was speaking about the Bible I believe, how can you ask a question about the Bible and not allow people to refer to the Bible in their answer?
Your logicer's faulty.

Nothing in the OP says folks can't refer to the bible.

I merely note the bible ain't considered authoritative in this section of the site.
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Post #4

JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:57 pm
For debate:

Your logicer's faulty.

I merely note the bible ain't considered authoritative in this section of the site.
Oh OK, well nothing's really authoritative is it?

brunumb
Savant

Post #5

Post by brunumb »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:59 pm Oh OK, well nothing's really authoritative is it?
In saying that, are you acknowledging that the Bible is therefore not authoritative? If that is not the case, then what do you have that supports the 6-day creation account as contained in the Bible?
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Sherlock Holmes

Post #6

brunumb wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:14 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:59 pm Oh OK, well nothing's really authoritative is it?
In saying that, are you acknowledging that the Bible is therefore not authoritative? If that is not the case, then what do you have that supports the 6-day creation account as contained in the Bible?
It was rhetorical, I wanted to see how JK responded, what he would claim as being authoritative, the point I was going to make is that its all a matter of opinion.

Jose Fly
Guru

Post #7

Post by Jose Fly »

For debate:

Meh....he's been saying that for over 10 years. Meanwhile in the real world, science continues on as before with absolutely no notice of such empty boasts.
Being apathetic is great....or not. I don't really care.

brunumb
Savant

Post #8

Post by brunumb »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:21 pm
brunumb wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:14 pm
It was rhetorical, I wanted to see how JK responded, what he would claim as being authoritative, the point I was going to make is that its all a matter of opinion.
OK. But focsing on the thread topic, do you have anything that supports the 6-day creation account as contained in the Bible?
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

brunumb
Savant

Post #9

Post by brunumb »

I notice that EarthScienceguy didn't provide a single thing to back up that sweeping claim. Perhaps some more considerate creationists will do that here.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:59 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:57 pm
For debate:

Your logicer's faulty.

Oh OK, well nothing's really authoritative is it?
I don't know about that'n, my Grzimek's've served me well for many a moon.
-Punkinhead Martin