The Seed Of Origin

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

The Seed Of Origin

Post #1

Post by William »

Q: Is it possible that the infinitesimal super hot object preceding the Big Bang, didn't in fact contain the vastness of the matter within our universe but rather, was the event in which the energy from the blast resulted in the formation of Galaxies and everything else which we call "The Universe" from the field of inert material which already existed as 'space'?
Matter + Energy + Space = Time.

Miles
Savant

Re: The Seed Of Origin

Post #2

Post by Miles »

William wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:47 pm Q: Is it possible that the infinitesimal super hot object preceding the Big Bang, didn't in fact contain the vastness of the matter within our universe but rather, was the event in which the energy from the blast resulted in the formation of Galaxies and everything else which we call "The Universe" from the field of inert material which already existed as 'space'?
We, science, doesn't know what preceded the Big Bang.

"The Big Bang is commonly thought of as the start of it all: About 13.8 billion years ago, the observable universe went boom and expanded into being.
But what were things like before the Big Bang?
Short answer: We don't know. Long answer: It could have been a lot of things, each mind-bending in its own way.
source

Attributing the beginning of everything to the Big Bang begs the question, “What happened before that?” That’s a different question when we are dealing with eternal gods, as for them, timelessness is not an issue. They exist outside of time, but we don’t. For us, there is no “before” time. Thus, if you ask what was going on before the Big Bang, the question is somewhat meaningless, even if we need it to make sense. Stephen Hawking once equated it with asking, “What’s north of the North Pole?” Or, the way I like to phrase it, “Who were you before you were born?”
source

"What Came Before the Big Bang?
By: Ashley Hamer
Physicists are still trying to solve this mystery.

Before there were humans, dinosaurs walked the Earth. Before there was an Earth, there was just a big cloud of gas and dust floating out in the universe. Before there was a universe ... well, before that is a point that physicists spill a lot of ink over. We don't know what happened before the Big Bang gave birth to the universe, but the smartest people in science have plenty of fascinating theories."
source

William
Savant

Post #3

Post by William »

Yes.

My question isn't focused on what happened before the BB but has to do with the rather magical idea that everything we currently know to exist, all came from something supposedly containing all that matter, as it doesn't make physical sense.

It is like squeezing a single grape and expecting it to produce an ocean. There is no thing in nature which behaves in that manner, so why should we have a magical object being responsible for everything that exists, yet does not behave in the same manner?

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

William wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:27 pm
My question isn't focused on what happened before the BB...
William wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:47 pm Q: Is it possible that the infinitesimal super hot object preceding the Big Bang...
<bolding mine>

It sure looks like it is. What's the difference between the words "preceding" and "before?"

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

William
Savant

Post #5

Post by William »

[Replying to Tcg in post #4]

My comment was in answer to the statement;
'Before' is in relation to what the cause of the BB was. Was it an object? Probably. , Thus my question
Q: Is it possible that the infinitesimal super hot object preceding the Big Bang, didn't in fact contain the vastness of the matter within our universe but rather, was the event in which the energy from the blast resulted in the formation of Galaxies and everything else which we call "The Universe" from the field of inert material which already existed as 'space'?

isn't focused on what happened before the BB...

Sherlock Holmes

Post #6

Post by Sherlock Holmes »

William wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:17 pm [Replying to Tcg in post #4]

'Before' is in relation to what the cause of the BB was. Was it an object? Probably. , Thus my question

isn't focused on what happened before the BB...
This is no longer a mystery:

Tcg
Savant

Post #7

Post by Tcg »

William wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:17 pm [Replying to Tcg in post #4]

'Before' is in relation to what the cause of the BB was.
Which reveals that you are asking about before the BB.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

William
Savant

Post #8

Post by William »

[Replying to William in post #5]
Meant to write;

'Before' isn't in relation to what the cause of the BB was. Was it an object? Probably. , Thus my question

William
Savant

Post #9

Post by William »

To elaborate - my question is identifying something already existing before the BB event and that is in bold.

but is not concerned with identifying what "it" was that created the catastrophic explosion which cased the inert material of space to gain momentum and cause form to occur and time to begin.

The inert field before the BB event was in a timeless state of existence.

As such, it represents non-energized Matter = Space