Footprints/animal tracks in rock stratas

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Footprints/animal tracks in rock stratas

Post #1

Post by otseng »

Animal footprints/tracks have been found in various rock stratas. There are even some animal footprints found in coal deposits.

So, how did animal footprints get preserved in rock stratas?

jwu
Apprentice

Post #11

Post by jwu »

The global flood would not necessarily be one giant flood, but in my theory, it would be a series of waves of floods. Not all places would get the entire stratas laid down at one time. Rather, a set of stratas would get laid down. Then as another flood came, more stratas would be laid down. So, according to my theory, the only time footprints could be found would be during these waves of localized floods.
Several waves of local floods would not have the "desired" effect of drowning everything. Unless the last wave drowned everything (i.e. was a single big flood by itself) the existence of footprints would prove that animals survived the flood with more or less dry feet, not within the ark.
Could you expand on chemical sorting?
I could have worded it better, i was referring to the apparent sorting by chemical properties. For example nice layers of volcanic ash. Generally it doesn't acount for the nice sorting of things that differ in properties which are not relevant for hydrologic sorting, so basically everything except particle density, size and shape.

The actual strata are also not homogenous in these hydrologically relevant properties either. If the hydological sorting would work, then the strata should be almost completely homogenous. Every single slightly bigger rock in a strata poses a major problem for this.

Also, with the flood consisting of several smaller floods, the entire proposed hydrologic sorting of fossils is completely out of business. With these presumptions there is absolutely no way to maintain that hypothesis.

jwu