No
18%

Total votes: 11

Lotan
Guru

Were homo floriensis human?

Post #1

Post by Lotan »

Thanks to Mightor for bringing attention to this story...

"The remains of a tiny and hitherto unknown species of human that lived as recently as 13,000 years ago have been discovered on an Indonesian island."

" Examination of the remains shows members of the species stood just 1 metre tall and had a brain no bigger than a grapefruit.

A handful of stone tools from the same period were also found in the caves, along with the bones and teeth of several dwarf stegodons, an ancestor of the modern elephant. Other animal remains, including rats, bats and fish, show signs that they were cooked around the time H. floresiensis inhabited in the caves."

Quotes from New Scientist.com

OK, for me this is about as big as the first moon landing! I would just love to hear the creationist explanation for this one.
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto His people. Exodus 32:14

mrmufin
Scholar

Re: Were homo floriensis human?

Post #11

Post by mrmufin »

Lotan wrote:OK, for me this is about as big as the first moon landing! I would just love to hear the creationist explanation for this one.
Though I can't speak for the creationist camp, I have been known, at times, to speak on behalf of the Chocolatists. It is quite obvious to those of us well-versed in scriptural translations, that those Indonesian remains are from the original Oompa-Loompas. In fact, Indonesia is just a modern way of saying Loompaland.
Chocolate Room 15:29-31 wrote:The tiny men --they were no larger than medium-sized dolls-- had stopped what they were doing, and now they were staring back across the river at the visitors. One of them pointed towards the children and then he whispered something to the other four and all five of them burst into peals of laughter.

"But they can't be real people," Charlie said.

"Of course they're real people," Mr. Wonka answered. "They're Oompa-Loompas."
In fact, some scriptural insight into the earlier Indonesian (Loompalandian) landscape is offered, as well as a description of the inhabitants demise:
Oompa 16:6 wrote:"And oh, what a terrible country it is! Nothing but thick jungles infested by the most dangerous beasts in the entire world --hornswogglers and snozwangers and those terrible wicked wangdoodles. A wangdoodle could eat ten Oompa-Loompas for breakfast and come galloping back for a second helping!"
Folks, there are no questions which remain unanswered when the Chocolatist Scripture is carefully evaluated. I sure hope this settles this issue once and for all.

Regards,
mrmufin