Implications of Martian life...

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Corvus
Guru

Implications of Martian life...

Post #1

Post by Corvus »

As you may have heard, some scientists believe water once flowed on Mars, strengthening the case that life may have once existed there. Personally, if it really is proven, rather than relying on rather weak evidence, I don't expect to find any fossils of Martian animals. But microbes seems possible.

What exactly would the implication be to creation theory if life was found on the red planet?
<i>'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'</i>
-John Keats, Ode on a Grecian Urn.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

For me, I think the implications are huge if life is found anywhere outside of earth. If life is found outside of earth, then that would be the strongest evidence of evolution.

But just having water on a planet is far from saying that there could be life. Water is just but one necessary factor for life. But, it's just hydrogen and oxygen and one of the simplest molecules. So I wouldn't be surprised if water is found on other planets. To me, just by having water doesn't even come close to saying that life could also exist on mars.

CanadianBuddhist
Student

Post #3

Post by CanadianBuddhist »

Actually the government has known about aliens for years and actually work in secret with them. Call me a nut but type in "majestic 12" into google search engine. There are pyramids on mars and an extraterrestrial base on the dark side of the moon, but they won't let anyone know. It's also been said that since kennedy, no president has been informed and the reason kennedy was killed is because he wanted to go public with the information.
If the creator of the world entire
They call God, of every being be the Lord
Then an evil master is he
Knowing what's right did he let wrong prevail!
-- Buddha

Corvus
Guru

Post #4

Post by Corvus »

CanadianBuddhist wrote:Actually the government has known about aliens for years and actually work in secret with them. Call me a nut but type in "majestic 12" into google search engine. There are pyramids on mars and an extraterrestrial base on the dark side of the moon, but they won't let anyone know.
I'll call you a nut. The government couldn't even cover up the Iran-Contra affair and you're expecting it to cover up all of that?
It's also been said that since kennedy, no president has been informed and the reason kennedy was killed is because he wanted to go public with the information.
I already know that most U.S presidents aren't informed at all. :lol: But of course, we're getting off topic. Finding water on Mars would be a significant blow to creation theory. Finding life would possibly shatter it completely. The question focusses on questioning the truth of those two statements.

DeoxyriboNucleicAcid
Student

Post #5

Post by DeoxyriboNucleicAcid »

CanadianBuddhist wrote:Actually the government has known about aliens for years and actually work in secret with them. Call me a nut but type in "majestic 12" into google search engine. There are pyramids on mars and an extraterrestrial base on the dark side of the moon, but they won't let anyone know. It's also been said that since kennedy, no president has been informed and the reason kennedy was killed is because he wanted to go public with the information.
There really is no way to debate seriously with anyone who believes this CanadianBuddhist. Mind you, Lee Harvey Oswald was kinda alien looking and it is true he visited Mars for a while (or maybe that was Russia) either way you'd better be careful telling people about your theory lest THEY come for you.

otseng
Savant

Post #6

Post by otseng »

CB, the only thing I can say is... that is the best laugh I've had in days! :lol:

Now, in terms of finding water, I don't think any creationist says that there can't be water on any other planets. It's not a blow to anything by finding water. Now, if they found any life form (amoeba, algae, bacteria, even a pyramid) that would be a huge blow. That would definitely prove that macroevolution is possible.

CanadianBuddhist
Student

Post #7

Ok Otseng, that was funny huh? SO basically what I said is totally impossible right? What do you base that on? What are your reasons for not believing it? Because it isn't common knowledge? Because it isn't in the newspaper? I hope you have more reason than that. The bible even talks about extraterrestrials. The bible is all about extraterrestrials. Obviously you didn't look up the majestic 12 documents. But everyone thinks they are so informed because they read the newspaper everyday. It's ignorant to deny the existence of extraterrestrials when there is so much proof. whether you believe me or not just humor me for this next part. There being other intelligent life forms in the universe does that make creationism impossible? Couldn't your god have created them the same way as us? It would be possible if Yaweh wasn't an extraterrestrial himself. Don't believe me? read your bible
-- Buddha

otseng
Savant

Post #8

Post by otseng »

I thought you were just joking about all that. However, we can debate it.

Pyramids on Mars
They look like mountains to me. Doesn't seem artificially made. Also, why would they make a "pyramid" out of just dirt? If it can be shown to be made of some type of artificial building blocks, then there's evidence that it was artificially made.
The bible even talks about extraterrestrials.
I must've missed that. Where is that?
It's ignorant to deny the existence of extraterrestrials when there is so much proof.
I'm one of those uninformed ignorant people, so you'll have to please provide the proofs.
There being other intelligent life forms in the universe does that make creationism impossible? Couldn't your god have created them the same way as us?
No, it doesn't make it impossible. Sure, God could've created them, but it doesn't speak to that as far as I know in the Bible.

The reason that finding life on other planets is a blow to creationism is that evolutionism says the life happened by pure chance. And it's just as likely to find life on other planets also given the right conditions. As a matter of fact, we should find life on other planets according to evolutionism. If life occured by pure chance, odds are that the Earth can't be the only planet in the entire universe that has the right conditions for life. Otherwise, it'd indicate that we're the only planet meant to have life.

CanadianBuddhist
Student

Post #9

ETs and UFOs in the bible:

Exodus 13:21, says god went by day in a pillar of cloud and by night a pillar of fire. 1st, look at lenticular clouds, they are not a natural formation they are created as a cover. and 2nd, ever seen footage of a ufo at night? It is extremely bright, like fire. It also says he took not away the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night from before the people . This is so they won't see the craft.

Numbers 9:16 So it was always: the cloud covered it by day, and the appearance of fire by night.

In the bible the glowing spacecraft was called The glory of the lord
ex: The glory of the lord appeared in the cloud.

After Moses warns people about God's desire for privacy, he returns to God's spacecraft. God's glowing craft: "Glory of the Lord" was parked on the mount.
Exodus 24:15 And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount. 24:16 And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud. 24:18 And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.

One time God's spacecraft landed in the tabernacle and Moses couldn't get in because the spacecraft was blocking the entrance. As long as God's "Glory" remained parked in the tabernacle, the Hebrews camped where they were. When God's "Glory" took off again, the Hebrews continued with their journey.

Exodus 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. 40:35 And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. 40:36 And when the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the children of Israel went onward in all their journeys: 40:37 But if the cloud were not taken up, then they journeyed not till the day that it was taken up. 40:38 For the cloud of the LORD was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.

He couldn't enter the tent of the congregation because the cloud abode theron, doesn't sound like a normal cloud, if it was couldn't he walk through it?

When attempting to analyze the desriptions of the ancient authors of the Bible, we must remember that they didn't have the same technological point of reference which modern man has. Any light source was generally attributed to fire or something burning. Moses described a glowing in the bushes as a "burning bush."

Imagine how a man from several thousand years ago would describe a tractor beam which raises things into the air. The testimonies of modern alien abductees, such as Ed Walters of Gulf Breeze fame, describe a beam of light (a tractor beam) which carried them from the ground into a hovering spacecraft . The ancient authors of the Bible, upon witnessing similar phenomena used labels such as "pillar of fire" or "whirlwind." Similarly when describing vehicles which transported personnel, the ancient authors referred to them as chariots of fire because a chariot was the only vehicle they knew. The abduction of Elijah by one of God's alien spacecraft is described in the following fashion:

2 Kings 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire; and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Ezekiel describes a ufos as a wheel within a wheel with living creatures inside. The vehicles turned not when they went (like all ufo sightings) and their rings were full of eyes round about them, like windows or lights around the side. He also said their appearance was the likeness of the "glory of the Lord".

As we read the Bible with an open mind and a discerning eye, it becomes clear that the heavenly messengers of ancient times flew in the same type of starships which are seen by UFO watchers today. We are tempted to ask, in the famous words of Cpt. James T. Kirk, "Why does God have need of a starship?" Obviously, God is NOT the omnipotent, omniscient, creator of all things that we have been told he is. The God of the Bible is nothing more than an alien life form that is more advanced than mankind.

I'm sure you also know that the word the was translated into god is ELOHIM which is a plural form of the word ELOWAH. Elowah, which means a deity or the deity, is used very rarely in the bible and Elohim, which means deities, was the one used most often. The Elohim are the same as the annunaki from sumerian texts that are extraterrestrials. I've mentioned it before but i'll say it again, genesis was taken from older mesopotamian texts and is a much shorter and somewhat altered form but there are alot of remarkable similarities. For instance, Adam from the bible is Adamu from the other texts. There is also an identical story of Noah except more than one "god" was involved.
-- Buddha

Corvus
Guru

Post #10

Post by Corvus »

You fit the New Age stereotype beautifully. ;) But I encourage you to create a topic in the Christianity Debate forum on the topic of whether the bible has evidence of UFOs, so that this thread can remain for its original purpose.