Light, stars, and creationism

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Light, stars, and creationism

Post #1

Post by otseng »

If the stars were created on the fourth day, where did the light on the first day come from?

How can we see stars that are billions of light years away if creationism says the earth is less than 20,000 years old?

science1
Student

Post #41

Post by science1 »

I was taught in my theology class that the light on the first day came from the angels that God created. At least that is what i was taught. :lol:

Jose
Guru

Post #42

Post by Jose »

The light was already there, and Raven had to fly up to the dark shell and peck holes in it to let the light shine through to earth. After that, he discovered Man as the seedlings from a new kind of pea plant, and he gave Man a tour of the world and showed him how to live in it. [oops. wrong theology]

The stars themselves, as we all know from Aristotle's teachings, are the result of fossils being eroded from within rocks, and being released. That is, he taught that fossils are stars that are trapped in the earth. So, maybe their light started at the earth, and the stars have all gotten farther away, leaving light behind as they go. Hmmm...that seems to violate certain laws of physics, but with theological matters, such laws are supposed to be violated.

Of course, if we go with the creation idea, it's clear that God created all of the photons en route from the distant stars, exactly in the correct positions to enable them to reach us at exactly the same time as if the stars were actually the coalesced atoms from a cosmic event that occurred some 10.5 billion years ago. There's no conflict here, except in terms of wondering why God would have wanted to create a universe that looks really old, and that can be explained entirely without any reference to Him. Seems a funny thing to do, but who are we to question His motives?