preview post

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

concerro
Apprentice

preview post

Post #1

Post by concerro »

In some debate forums if you hold the mouse over the title of the thread you get to see what it is about before you click on it. This saves time so you dont have to wait for the page to load, decide you dont want to participate in that particular thread and then do it again, and again until you find one that you like.
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds dicuss events, Small minds discuss people.
~Eleanor Roosenvelt~

otseng
Savant

Re: preview post

Post #2

Post by otseng »

concerro wrote:In some debate forums if you hold the mouse over the title of the thread you get to see what it is about before you click on it. This saves time so you dont have to wait for the page to load, decide you dont want to participate in that particular thread and then do it again, and again until you find one that you like.
Could you post some forums that do this? I'll take a look at them and see if I can add something similar here.

concerro
Apprentice

Re: preview post

Post #3

Post by concerro »

otseng wrote:
concerro wrote:In some debate forums if you hold the mouse over the title of the thread you get to see what it is about before you click on it. This saves time so you dont have to wait for the page to load, decide you dont want to participate in that particular thread and then do it again, and again until you find one that you like.
Could you post some forums that do this? I'll take a look at them and see if I can add something similar here.
http://www.frostcloud.com and http://www.debateforums.net/index.php?
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds dicuss events, Small minds discuss people.
~Eleanor Roosenvelt~

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

OK, I found a mod that has this feature and installed it. :D

concerro
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by concerro »

otseng wrote:OK, I found a mod that has this feature and installed it. :D
thanks

~Eleanor Roosenvelt~

Corvus
Guru

Post #6

Post by Corvus »

I think this mod is causing problems on my computer. Note that I just reinstalled Win 98 SE and IE 6 on my computer, so the fault might be my own.

A screenshot would probably best show how my computer displays the forums. It appears that the code for mouse-overs isn't recognised.:

<i>'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'</i>
-John Keats, Ode on a Grecian Urn.

otseng
Savant

Post #7

Post by otseng »

Corvus wrote:I think this mod is causing problems on my computer. Note that I just reinstalled Win 98 SE and IE 6 on my computer, so the fault might be my own.
I forgot to check the subSilver style. It should work now.

Corvus
Guru

Post #8

Post by Corvus »

Superb! Much appreciated. I must be the only one to use this style.
<i>'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'</i>
-John Keats, Ode on a Grecian Urn.