No
15%

Total votes: 13

otseng
Savant

Respect Points

Post #1

Post by otseng »

What do you think of having a "respect point system"?

The primary quality prized at this forum is respect. We have a system in place to punish people who breaks the rules. But I was thinking it would be nice to have a system to reward people who make respectful posts.

It'll be similar to tokens that we have now and it'll be displayed right below your token count. However, the only way you can get a respect point is when a moderator gives you one. If a moderator is impressed with your post, he/she will give you one respect point.

What do you think?

concerro
Apprentice

Re: Respect Points

Post #11

Post by concerro »

otseng wrote:What do you think of having a "respect point system"?

The primary quality prized at this forum is respect. We have a system in place to punish people who breaks the rules. But I was thinking it would be nice to have a system to reward people who make respectful posts.

It'll be similar to tokens that we have now and it'll be displayed right below your token count. However, the only way you can get a respect point is when a moderator gives you one. If a moderator is impressed with your post, he/she will give you one respect point.

What do you think?
do you mean give points for making a good arguments or points for being nice while you are debating

otseng
Savant

Re: Respect Points

Post #12

Post by otseng »

concerro wrote:
do you mean give points for making a good arguments or points for being nice while you are debating

Nothing is determined yet, but I was thinking that it would be a combination of factors:
- Persuasiveness of the argument
- Civility of the post (niceness)
- Research and supporting references
- Spelling, grammer
- No unclosed tags

adherent
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by adherent »

u sure it was sarafarti?