Can i call homosexuality a sin?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

OpenYourEyes
Sage

Can i call homosexuality a sin?

Post #1

Post by OpenYourEyes »

Some have implied that I'm a homophobe or bigot just because I called homosexuality a 'sin'. If so that would make Christian beliefs held by billions of people a sin.

But then i found this from an admin. which is compatible with the rules.
otseng wrote:.
Let me say that attacking homosexuality is tolerated here. Any belief system is allowed to be attacked. This includes homosexuality, Christianity, atheism, etc.

Homosexuality is a particularly sensitive topic. It is probably the most contentious issue on the forum since the very founding of this place. Many people attempt to skirt the line of personally attacking another when debating this issue. But really the only time a moderator would step in is when the line is crossed of personally attacking another.
So i can attack homosexuality in a 'civil' manner w/out having to be labelled a bigot and w/out violating forum rules, right Zzyzx?

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #51

Post by Danmark »

OpenYourEyes wrote:As i said earlier, you can not appease both homosexual sensitivities and traditional Christian beliefs. Since i cant get a response that makes sense, i have no choice but to consider 'appeasement' as a possible reason for restricting my point about homosexuality being like any other sin.
Or, you could just recognize the words of the Lord and admit you are wrong.
You've even gone so far as to suggest Jesus Christ is not the center of Christianity, but may be trumped by 'the Church,' its traditions and Levitical law. I have a hard time seeing how this isn't putting the Church before Christ.