Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

liamconnor
Prodigy

Thank you

Post #1

Post by liamconnor »

Maybe this is an inappropriate place to say this;

but despite the heated debates I have been in, I want to express my gratitude.

I am Christian; I was recently kicked off a predominantly Christian forum (fundamentalists, fundamentally).

This forum is what I have been looking for; it is sooo refreshing.

A special thanks to Zzz+a few other letters I forgot. Haven. And now....Gaven (a site supporter; sorry, you are for me a recent contender and I forgot your name) HERE IS AN EDIT. WHY I THOUGHT GAVEN IS BEYOND ME. DANMARK. thank you danmark

I thank you. I know things will get heated; but know I have the deepest respect for you.

clb
Last edited by liamconnor on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haven
Guru

Post #2

Post by Haven »

Thanks! :)
♥ Haven (she/her) ♥
♥ Kindness is the greatest adventure ♥

Korah
Under Suspension

Post #3

Post by Korah »

[Replying to post 2 by Haven]
So you're trying to claim you're that "Gaven" guy? What people will do to fool themselves that they're appreciated!

But you're probably right. Where from LC do we see any appreciation for his fellow Christians? Oh, of course, he's got so much Fundamentalism on the brain after his escape from the YEC, Calvinists, non-Denominationals ("Fundie" code-word) over wherever "there" is, that he's wary of any possible Liberals (yikes!) that he's gotta
be careful who he associates with here to retain his neo-Fundie credentials.

Who let the dogs out? I don't know where that rant came from, LC. Welcome aboard (whether you like me or not)!

liamconnor
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by liamconnor »

[Replying to post 3 by Korah]

Haven't a clue what you just said Koran. Not a clue. Seriously.

But this section isn't really for debates. I said a "thank you". Some one else said "thanks". That's an end to the matter. If you have a problem with my Christian position, then make a claim on the forum and I will debate you.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Re: Thank you

Post #5

Post by Zzyzx »

liamconnor wrote: This forum is what I have been looking for; it is sooo refreshing.
Thanks for saying so.

Many of us (you included) know that we can be friends, be mutually respectful, be civil even though our theistic views / positions are very different. Others seem to be slow to learn (or refuse to learn) but focus on complaining, whining, criticizing, attacking other members (rather than debating ideas).

You do well -- and the Forum needs capable theistic debaters.

Z
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

liamconnor
Prodigy

Re: Thank you

Post #6

Post by liamconnor »

[Replying to post 5 by Zzyzx]

Thanks Z,

although I would give myself a B- in toning down my frustration at times. I shouldn't engage in debates late at night after work. I joined this forum really to exercise my writing skills in argumentation, and I find that I am often employing "rhetoric", a method of argumentation that I detest in others. Yes, the definition is hypocrisy.

But thanks all the same.