One recommended criteria for choosing moderators

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

OpenYourEyes
Sage

One recommended criteria for choosing moderators

Post #1

Post by OpenYourEyes »

I recommend that moderators be chosen based on their debating style. In general, if a person is a good and fair debater, then that can reflect how he or she will moderate. But obviously when someone is a poor and biased debater, then that will reflect on how they moderate and they will likely use moderator intervention to compensate for their poor debate skills and that's besides being biased.

To take it a step back, the poor and biased debater reflects a poor and biased mind, in which case should such a person be trusted as a moderator?

I can name two poor and biased debaters for you Otseng, if you are interseted.

otseng
Savant

Re: One recommended criteria for choosing moderators

Post #2

Post by otseng »

OpenYourEyes wrote: I can name two poor and biased debaters for you Otseng, if you are interseted.
No, not interested.

I don't consider any of the moderators here to be poor debaters. As for being biased, we are all biased. It would be impossible to find anyone completely unbiased. But, I believe we have a balanced moderating team. Any bias of another person would be balanced by a bias of another.

OpenYourEyes
Sage

Post #3

Post by OpenYourEyes »

otseng wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote: I can name two poor and biased debaters for you Otseng, if you are interseted.
No, not interested.

I don't consider any of the moderators here to be poor debaters. As for being biased, we are all biased. It would be impossible to find anyone completely unbiased. But, I believe we have a balanced moderating team. Any bias of another person would be balanced by a bias of another.
Later on i will send you two examples in a private message so that way we can protect their integrity. ; ) .... (Couldnt find the wink expression in the smileys)...

Then maybe in a future selection you can consider it.

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

OpenYourEyes wrote: Later on i will send you two examples in a private message so that way we can protect their integrity. ; ) .... (Couldnt find the wink expression in the smileys)...

Then maybe in a future selection you can consider it.
Violating the rules is another matter. Moderators are not above the rules and are not allowed to attack, even in PM. Feel free to forward me the PMs.