Why is it called 'Debating Christianity and Religion'?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Dropship
Under Probation

Why is it called 'Debating Christianity and Religion'?

Post #1

Post by Dropship »

Question for debate-Why is this website called 'Debating Christianity and Religion'?
I'm not complaining, I'm simply curious..:)

Does the title imply that Christianity is separate from all other religions and in a class of its own because it's the only one fronted by the Son of God himself?
Why isn't the site simply called 'Debating Religion'?

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

The main focus of this forum is to debate Christianity. But, we also allow debates relating to religion in general.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Re: Why is it called 'Debating Christianity and Religion'?

Post #3

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 1 by Dropship]

Osteng sighting triple points!!!!
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Dropship
Under Probation

Post #4

Post by Dropship »

Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

That's another thing I've been meaning to ask, who is Otseng? Is he a mod or isn't he, and if he's been banned why can I see his posts?
I'm a mod myself at the Mission4Today forum and if anybody tried impersonating me there he'd soon be out on his butt..;)

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #5

Post by Divine Insight »

Dropship wrote: Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned

That's another thing I've been meaning to ask, who is Otseng? Is he a mod or isn't he, and if he's been banned why can I see his posts?
I'm a mod myself at the Mission4Today forum and if anybody tried impersonating me there he'd soon be out on his butt..;)
It might be informative to note that this event took place on April 1st.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Blastcat »

Dropship wrote: Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned

ALLO

my name is Dropdeadgorgeouship.

I am a good debater you see... yes.. look deep into my eyes..

OnceConvinced
Savant

Re: Why is it called 'Debating Christianity and Religion'?

Post #7

Post by OnceConvinced »

Dropship wrote:
Does the title imply that Christianity is separate from all other religions and in a class of its own because it's the only one fronted by the Son of God himself?
The problem here is we would have to come to an agreement on what version of Christianity is the one that is fronted by the son of God if any at all.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by Zzyzx »

Dropship wrote: That's another thing I've been meaning to ask, who is Otseng?
Otseng is the owner and administrator of this website (for ten years plus now) who has final say in all matters. It may be useful to know that he is a Christian, a very capable debater, and a computer expert (and a straight-up, honorable, fair man). He also has a great sense of humor, as indicated by banning himself for April 1st this year and announcing that Joeyknothead (our local colorful / country character – who contributes remarkable observations and articulations with some frequency) was appointed to be moderator last April.

The Moderating Team is evenly balanced between Theists and Non-Theists. Major decisions regarding policies as well as probation, suspension and banishment are discussed and decided in Moderator Sub-Forum.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence