Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Paprika
Banned
Banned

New Trolling Test

Post #1

Post by Paprika »

Now when Paul perceived that one part were Sadducees and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, “Brothers, I am a Pharisee, a son of Pharisees. It is with respect to the hope and the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial.� And when he had said this, a dissension arose between the Pharisees and the Sadducees, and the assembly was divided. For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, nor angel, nor spirit, but the Pharisees acknowledge them all. Then a great clamor arose, and some of the scribes of the Pharisees' party stood up and contended sharply, “We find nothing wrong in this man. What if a spirit or an angel spoke to him?� And when the dissension became violent, the tribune, afraid that Paul would be torn to pieces by them, commanded the soldiers to go down and take him away from among them by force and bring him into the barracks.
When in doubt, ask 'What would Paul do?' Sometimes the answer is to cause such conflict that physical altercation occurs.

If further clarification is necessary do consult Jesus and other prophets on 'how to infuriate your targets with well-chosen epithets, polemic and transparent analogies in which they are displayed in a most unflattering fashion'.

Haven
Guru

Re: New Trolling Test

Post #2

Post by Haven »

[Replying to post 1 by Paprika]

This forum doesn't run on your interpretation of your favorite religious documents. Civility is required here.
♥ Haven (she/her) ♥
♥ Kindness is the greatest adventure ♥

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Danmark »

Paprika wrote:
Now when Paul perceived that one part were Sadducees and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, “Brothers, I am a Pharisee, a son of Pharisees. It is with respect to the hope and the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial.� And when he had said this, a dissension arose between the Pharisees and the Sadducees, and the assembly was divided. For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, nor angel, nor spirit, but the Pharisees acknowledge them all. Then a great clamor arose, and some of the scribes of the Pharisees' party stood up and contended sharply, “We find nothing wrong in this man. What if a spirit or an angel spoke to him?� And when the dissension became violent, the tribune, afraid that Paul would be torn to pieces by them, commanded the soldiers to go down and take him away from among them by force and bring him into the barracks.
When in doubt, ask 'What would Paul do?' Sometimes the answer is to cause such conflict that physical altercation occurs.

If further clarification is necessary do consult Jesus and other prophets on 'how to infuriate your targets with well-chosen epithets, polemic and transparent analogies in which they are displayed in a most unflattering fashion'.
This sounds like you are asking for permission to troll. Is that the case? Your test sounds like flame bait is whatever you disagree with.

Paprika
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Paprika »

[Replying to post 3 by Danmark]
Hardly, it's just a riff off your own similar thread (which should be pretty obvious).

It's an obvious imitation (of something I found funny) so go ahead and be flattered and all.

Hamsaka
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Hamsaka »

Paprika wrote: [Replying to post 3 by Danmark]
Hardly, it's just a riff off your own similar thread (which should be pretty obvious).

It's an obvious imitation (of something I found funny) so go ahead and be flattered and all.
Darn, I thought this thread was a confession :D
There seems to be enough reason for dissension and disagreement around here. Adding more for one's own amusement is pretty transparent. Folks on either side of the religious 'divide' can barely understand each other as it is. Constructive discussion between theists and atheists is a rare thing, and it actually happens on this forum.

Paprika
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Paprika »

Hamsaka wrote:
Paprika wrote: [Replying to post 3 by Danmark]

Darn, I thought this thread was a confession :D
Next time, maybe ;)
There seems to be enough reason for dissension and disagreement around here. Adding more for one's own amusement is pretty transparent. Folks on either side of the religious 'divide' can barely understand each other as it is. Constructive discussion between theists and atheists is a rare thing, and it actually happens on this forum.
Spoilsport, killjoy, etc etc :tongue: