"Peace again to you, your servant and a slave of Chris

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Danmark
Site Supporter

"Peace again to you, your servant and a slave of Chris

Post #1

Post by Danmark »

Admittedly, objecting to some salutations puts the objector in a position of appearing mean. :oops: OK. Mea Culpa.

However they seem phony to me and when they are used incessantly they function as a goad and appear insincere.

Are there limits to their use? As long as they seem syrupy sweet enough can use any salutation? Let me suggest some examples:

"May your mind always be clear and bright, allowing you to discriminate between truth and the lies your father taught you."
OK. Not a good example.

"May you see clearly to discriminate between your imagination and truth,
Lovingly,
Danny"
[strike]
"Peace to all, even you racist _ _ _ _ ...."[/strike]

No. Thats'a no good.

How about,
"I love you all deeply; may the scales of superstition fall from your beautiful eyes,
Prayerfully Yours in Molech,
Hector"
O:)

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: "Peace again to you, your servant and a slave of C

Post #2

Post by ttruscott »

Danmark wrote: Hector
Who's Hector? :) And Chris for that matter?
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

bluethread
Savant

Post #3

Post by bluethread »

Lovingly,
Danny"
This is one I might even use. However, do as you please. In contexts where there is consent, salutations serve to reinforce that. That said, I personally do not respond to them, since they are generally begging assent.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Re: "Peace again to you, your servant and a slave of C

Post #4

Post by Danmark »

ttruscott wrote:
Danmark wrote: Hector
Who's Hector? :) And Chris for that matter?
"Chris?" I wrote "Chris?" Who is anyone? ;)
These are just random examples using my other imaginary personae.
Edit:
OK, now I get it. The last word in the 'Subject' was "Christ," but the last letter and closing quotation mark were omitted by the DCR's word limitation program. :D
But then, you probably knew that and I am explaining the obvious and looking like a doofus. [sigh]

_ Peace again to you,
Your servant and a slave of Christ

Hector

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Danmark »

bluethread wrote:
Lovingly,
Danny"
This is one I might even use. However, do as you please. In contexts where there is consent, salutations serve to reinforce that. That said, I personally do not respond to them, since they are generally begging assent.
:D

How about:
"If I have done anything that appears to have broken a rule, or [Dog forbid] appear to have insulted anyone, please forgive me. It was not intentional even if I called you a . . . . which you probably richly deserved."

Haven
Guru

Post #6

Post by Haven »

I think salutations / signoffs are cute, but I've always put mine in my signature to avoid just what Danmark is describing. They definitely can take up unnecessary space in a post, but really they don't bother me at all. They're just an extra few lines of text; skip them if you're not interested.
♥ Haven (she/her) ♥
♥ Kindness is the greatest adventure ♥

Hamsaka
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by Hamsaka »

I'm just like . . . live and let live, why not?

If someone wears an incredibly obnoxious hair bow on her shaved head, I might have to work hard to pay attention to her and NOT the bow :D . It's her way of . . . well, expressing whatever it is that she feels it is important to express. Big deal.

Yeah, there's limits to this, so no false dichotomies insinuated or necessary.

In fact, I'm impressed when a person who presents themselves in a way that may inspire negative reactions, and keeps on expressing themselves because it is that important to them, well I think that person has a rare amount of authenticity.

If however it's not about deeply felt conviction, but more about self-promotion, then that's disgusting behavior in anyone above the age of 9. I think most people know that, and would go to length to avoid giving that impression. What you end up with are the people who really don't get it (seriously no comprende) on one side of a bell curve, the average rabble in the bell, and then some folks most of us might not understand very well out there at the other edge of the curve. YMMV.