The Supports The Golden Rule User Group.

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

The Supports The Golden Rule User Group.

Post #1

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

I have created a User Group called "Supports The Golden Rule." The description is as follows:

The "Supports The Golden Rule" user group is for those who feel that almost all of the world's interpersonal problems would be solved if we all just treated each other in the way we would like to be treated ourselves.

Seriously, I don't care if you are the most "pie in the sky" religious fundamentalist, or one of us horrid atheists, who doesn't support the Golden Rule?
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

catnip
Guru

Re: The Supports The Golden Rule User Group.

Post #11

Post by catnip »

Tired of the Nonsense wrote: I have created a User Group called "Supports The Golden Rule." The description is as follows:

The "Supports The Golden Rule" user group is for those who feel that almost all of the world's interpersonal problems would be solved if we all just treated each other in the way we would like to be treated ourselves.

Seriously, I don't care if you are the most "pie in the sky" religious fundamentalist, or one of us horrid atheists, who doesn't support the Golden Rule?
I think that is an excellent idea! Those who are against the Golden Rule must never have been rudely treated. I wish . . .

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #12

catnip wrote:
Tired of the Nonsense wrote: I have created a User Group called "Supports The Golden Rule." The description is as follows:

I think that is an excellent idea! Those who are against the Golden Rule must never have been rudely treated. I wish . . .
Glad to have you in the group cat. Like you I thought everyone would surely want to be in this group.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

theStudent
Guru

Post #13

Post by theStudent »

[Replying to post 12 by Tired of the Nonsense]

I just came on, and it interesting that this is the first post that caught my attention.
I'm just wondering . In your opinion, what does the golden rule mean exactly.
John 8:32
. . .the truth will set you free.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #14

theStudent wrote: [Replying to post 12 by Tired of the Nonsense]

I just came on, and it interesting that this is the first post that caught my attention.
I'm just wondering . In your opinion, what does the golden rule mean exactly.
I'm sorry I missed your question for so long. The golden rule simply means not doing anything to anyone else that you would not want done to you. Including treating everyone with the same respect as you would want them to treat you. It's not about turning the other cheek, or any such thing. No one should ever stand for abuse. And it is completely neutral with respect to belief, or non belief.