Please Delete My Account

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

JLB32168

Please Delete My Account

Post #1

Post by JLB32168 »

I liked this website a year ago but the level of “debate� has seriously declined (mostly due to the non-religious interlocutors, if you ask me.) The debates have turned into debating facile caricatures of religious belief. That being the case, I request that you delete my account from this website.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Deleted.

Plumbus Grumbo
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by Plumbus Grumbo »

otseng wrote: Deleted.
Please send this former member ny email account. I would like to ask him two things important questions. Thanks!

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

[Replying to Plumbus Grumbo]

When a user is deleted, the email is deleted as well.

Plumbus Grumbo
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by Plumbus Grumbo »

otseng wrote: [Replying to Plumbus Grumbo]

When a user is deleted, the email is deleted as well.
What a shame. The internet is all about connecting people. No matter what they disagree on--according to their commonalities. Too bad this site cannot fasciilitate the future.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #6

Post by OnceConvinced »

JLB obviously didn't want that connection, which is why he asked for his profile to be removed.

If someone wants us to remove his profile completely, would it be ethical for us to keep certain private info available that other members can access?

Members don't have to have their accounts deleted when they leave. JLB, for whatever reason, wanted to remove all trace of his personal details from here. Should we go against his wishes just to keep people like yourself happy?

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Plumbus Grumbo
Apprentice

Post #7

Post by Plumbus Grumbo »

OnceConvinced wrote: JLB obviously didn't want that connection, which is why he asked for his profile to be removed.

If someone wants us to remove his profile completely, would it be ethical for us to keep certain private info available that other members can access?

Members don't have to have their accounts deleted when they leave. JLB, for whatever reason, wanted to remove all trace of his personal details from here. Should we go against his wishes just to keep people like yourself happy?
I was assuming that a file could be kept hidden where no one would be able to see his email, but MY email address could be shared with him. Under my vision, no one would be able to see his information, but a computer program could contact him with MY contact info.

What do you mean by "people like yourself?"

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #8

Post by OnceConvinced »

Plumbus Grumbo wrote:

A person who seems to want to contact former members of websites.

Nothing offensive intended at all.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Plumbus Grumbo
Apprentice

Post #9

Post by Plumbus Grumbo »

OnceConvinced wrote:
Plumbus Grumbo wrote:

Oh. Are there many "people" that are "like myself" in that regard?

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #10

Post by OnceConvinced »

Plumbus Grumbo wrote:
OnceConvinced wrote:
Plumbus Grumbo wrote:

Oh. Are there many "people" that are "like myself" in that regard?
You appear to be the first one, at least that I know of. Should our administrator spend time making changes to the operation on the way this site runs just to suit one person?