Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

liamconnor
Prodigy

Why Leave this site?

Post #1

Post by liamconnor »

This is more of a poll question.

I recently saw a post responding to a thread created in 2004. I did not know that at the time, and was shocked to find maybe six or more posters I had never before encountered. I soon realized the date of the original thread and realized these unknown posters had probably abandoned this site many years ago.

Q for D (and I am especially interested in Mod responses): what do you think are the top, say, five reasons for abandoning this site?

Friedrich
Student

Re: Why Leave this site?

Post #2

Post by Friedrich »

[Replying to post 1 by liamconnor]

Christianity is no longer a threat, it will soon fade away, so debating these people is no longer important.

Defeating Islam, Racism, Nationalism, Imperialism, Sexism etc, is now more important.

This site is good for honing debate skills, but when you become more seasoned, you move on for the same reason that James LeBron no longer plays against High School kids.

Wootah
Savant

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 2 by Friedrich]

A lot of people really struggle with the civility thing.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Friedrich
Student

Post #4

Post by Friedrich »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 2 by Friedrich]

A lot of people really struggle with the civility thing.
Civility is difficult, and you are absolutely right to point out my lack of it.

In my defense, will you look at this video and tell me that you can at least understand my frustration with this class of people.

True, most of the Christians at this site are not as bed as these people, but they are trying to legitimize this wacky world view.

Wootah
Savant

Post #5

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 4 by Friedrich]

I watched part of it. Yeah I get frustrated by people that link to dodgy youtube videos as well. But we accept all sorts here.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."