Advice to Mods

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

liamconnor
Prodigy

Advice to Mods

Post #1

Post by liamconnor »

Some OPs, some posts, violate rules. But there are some don't, yet detract from the integrity of this forum.

I suggest a guideline: when a single OP has made it past 20, it has probably "gone off the rail", or at least has suffered regurgitation too many times.

Let's keep things FRESH.

I am thinking of the OP "Jesus is not YHWH". It has 50+ pages! Surely if 50 pages have been reached, we have a lot of babbling. I mean, it is unlikely that "a council of Chalcedon" is underway.

I will say, though it means little, I have frequented this site less and less because I find the OPs go on and on and on.

Debates need an end. Here we have no "judges of truth/falsehood". Still, a conclusion is wanted.

benchwarmer
Guru

Re: Advice to Mods

Post #2

Post by benchwarmer »

[Replying to post 1 by liamconnor]

Perhaps this line of thinking explains all of the abandoned threads and 'fresh starts' on the same topic from some posters?

If one does not wish to participate in a 50+ page discussion, one is free to ignore them. I don't think mods should be stifling conversation/debate because some members feel they have gone on too long.

The mods already have enough work to do keeping tabs on the existing rules, I don't think adding pointless ones on top of them is useful, IMHO.

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

liamconnor wrote: Debates need an end. Here we have no "judges of truth/falsehood". Still, a conclusion is wanted.
The best way for debates to have an end is to have a formal debate where there is an agreed set number of posts at the onset. This happens in one-on-one and guest debates.

I've been thinking we should have more guest debates. Anyone have some suggestions on who to invite to debate?

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

otseng wrote:
I've been thinking we should have more guest debates. Anyone have some suggestions on who to invite to debate?
There are quite a few posters on this forum who claim to have a personal relationship with Jesus. Let's ask them to contact Jesus and see if he'll agree to be a guest debater. I'd tune in for that.