Ignore List Bug Question

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Neatras
Guru

Ignore List Bug Question

Post #1

Post by Neatras »

So I was recently put on ignore by someone (and I actually think that might have been a mistake, since we're on good terms and the Like Button is close enough to the Ignore Button I'd expect that to be the culprit), but when I went to that individual's profile page I noticed that the Ignore option has been altered. Even though I haven't put them on ignore, the option to remove them from my ignore list is still active. When I click on it, it says my profile has been updated but provides no change whatsoever.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

I wouldn't doubt there could be something wrong with that. That section of code is so complicated there could be a bug.

Further research is required to find out what is the real problem. I have a test user "Eve" that has placed you on ignore. Do you have the same problem when trying to ignore Eve? What happens when you ignore a person that does not ignore you?

Neatras
Guru

Post #3

Post by Neatras »

[Replying to post 2 by otseng]

When I'm put on Ignore by Eve, I'm given the option to Unignore despite not having Eve on my Ignore list. In other words, as soon as someone is put on Ignore, that ignored person cannot do anything about ignoring the other person.

I can ignore and unignore other people just fine.