When did I last post?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

liamconnor
Prodigy

When did I last post?

Post #1

Post by liamconnor »

I know nothing of programming, so take this with a grain of salt. But one deterrent from returning to threads that have gotten pretty long is I can't recall or find when I last commented.

Something which enabled me to open a thread and (like a bookmark) immediately find my last place would be amazing.

benchwarmer
Guru

Re: When did I last post?

Post #2

Post by benchwarmer »

[Replying to post 1 by liamconnor]

I agree, this would be a cool feature.

Liam, if you are willing to do some manual 'book keeping' it is possible to kind of do this yourself. I concede this is a bit laborious, but:

After you make a comment, you can hit the "Quote" or "Reply" button as if you were going to reply to yourself. Copy and paste the URL at the top of the editing box into your own spreadsheet/notepad file/etc. You will probably want to make a comment about what the topic is so you can know the context for each link.

Later, you can copy the URL from your local method of storage and just paste it into your browser's address bar and you will go straight to your comment. Actually, depending on which application you stored your link in, you may be able to simply click the link and it will open a browser and take you there.

Neatras
Guru

Post #3

Post by Neatras »

I just go to my profile, go to my list of all the posts I made, and scanning for the first instance of a post I made in the thread in question. Since I'm usually only looking for posts I made recently, it'll be in the first few pages.

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

OK, see if this works for you. In the top right of a thread, click on "Jump to your last post".

tam
Savant

Post #5

Post by tam »

Oh cool!

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #6

Post by benchwarmer »

otseng wrote: OK, see if this works for you. In the top right of a thread, click on "Jump to your last post".
Awesome! Nice work otseng!

And great suggestion Liam!

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by ttruscott »

I still only see quote, reply and !

Duhhh, because I haven't posted in this topic before...sigh.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

otseng
Savant

Post #8

Post by otseng »

[Replying to post 7 by ttruscott]

Look above that to the right. It'll still show up if you have not posted. It'll go to the last post if you have not posted in the thread.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by ttruscott »

PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Overcomer
Guru

Post #10

Post by Overcomer »

This is helpful because I, too, can never remember what I posted where or when. I expect some people think I'm purposely ignoring them when, in reality, it's just that I've forgotten the conversation altogether! :)