What are we to do with those who envisage death?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

rikuoamero
Under Probation

What are we to do with those who envisage death?

Post #1

Post by rikuoamero »

This thread is a query regarding a recent exchange between JehovahsWitness and myself, and a moderator strike I got.
To note - I am not complaining about the strike. I am not going to argue that I should not have received one. I fully understand why I got the strike.

To explain what I'm talking about, here is what JW said. He is a member of the JW group, this is what he believes will happen and since he believes his god and Jesus are good, I can only conclude that this is something he feels emotionally positive towards i.e. he looks forward to it, to put it as simply as possible. (any bolding is my own emphasis)
Soon Jesus will return. He will kill all bad people. The only people that will then be alive are those who are already subjects of his government and obey his rules as outlined in the bible, and those who he judges will be happy to learn to obey him. Everyone else will be dead.
After all the bad people are dead
The only people that don't know, don't want to know or don't believe all this will be dead anyway so there will be no need to convince them, (because they will be dead).
Obviously, since the world economic, political religious and social system around these present day subjects of Gods kingdom will all be destroyed,
In my response to this comment in C&A, I opined that this is a 'murderous death cult', only one step removed from Daesh.
I will not complain about the strike on my comment. I understand, in the interest of civility and all that.

My query in this thread is - what can I and others say in response to such blatant promotion of genocide, if not 'murderous death cult'? If we are not allowed to call a spade a spade...? If those who promote such views cannot be told that they are just like the villainous armies of a dark lord in a fantasy novel (or indeed in real life) who seek to establish a new order on the bodies of millions, what can be said towards them?
I am faced with someone who blatantly tells me that all I know and love will be destroyed/killed, and such comments from them do not get a strike?

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

It's gets complicated in the today's world because what's acceptable depends on where a person lives on the planet. However, in the USA to speak of committing genocide of people who refuse to bow down to a dictator is considered "hate speech" or "terrorism". Unless the dictator in question is the Christian Christ, then it's just "religion". Also, for the majority of Americans if this same proposition is proposed in the name of "Allah", again, it's considered "terrorism". Even though the USA is supposed to support "Freedom of Religion".

It appears that in the USA "Freedom of Religion" basically means, "To support Jesus Christ as the ultimate dictator". The vast majority of Americans will consider Islam, Muhammad, and Allah, to be symbols of "terrorism".

But preaching Jesus Christ as the ultimate murderous dictator is clearly just fine in the USA. Upheld by the constitution as "Freedom of Religion".
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: What are we to do with those who envisage death?

Post #3

Post by ttruscott »

rikuoamero wrote: My query in this thread is - what can I and others say in response to such blatant promotion of genocide, if not 'murderous death cult'? If we are not allowed to call a spade a spade...? If those who promote such views cannot be told that they are just like the villainous armies of a dark lord in a fantasy novel (or indeed in real life) who seek to establish a new order on the bodies of millions, what can be said towards them?

I am faced with someone who blatantly tells me that all I know and love will be destroyed/killed, and such comments from them do not get a strike?
I agree with JW's pov that Christianity teaches that once the sinful elect are made holy and heaven ready all others will indeed die and be sent to the outer darkness. But I disagree that this is a death cult as no one is urged to kill anyone in the manner of the thugee or hashashin, but merely accepts it as the teachings of the Bible about GOD's plans for our future.

Biiiig difference.

It is not the death of the unholy that brings in the heavenly reality but the holiness of the sinful members of the reality that allows the judgement of the eternally evil ones whom we are not allowed to judge. Killing a person would negate the event we hope to bring forth, ie, it is holy living that speeds up, hastens, the coming day of GOD which burns away all dross: 2 Peter 3:11 Since all these things are to melt away in this manner, what sort of people must we be, conducting our lives in holiness and godliness, 12 while waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God?
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Wootah
Savant

Post #4

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 1 by rikuoamero]

How do you talk to people that support abortion or euthanasia?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #5

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 3 by ttruscott]

To my knowledge, JWs are not going around killing people, like Daesh do.
For that, I breathe a sigh of relief.
However, ideologically speaking, they and Daesh are very similar. They believe in the formation of a new world order that will be built upon the backs of the dead, to the tune of millions/billions potentially,where everyone will think alike.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #6

Post by rikuoamero »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 1 by rikuoamero]

How do you talk to people that support abortion or euthanasia?
Are such people saying that they, or their god, will one day soon start killing people to the tune of millions or billions? That those left alive will be the ones who are in their religion?

Anyway, those people are not saying they will kill me, or mine, or that their god will kill me and mine one day soon.
I am a supporter of legalised, limited abortion, same for euthanasia (again, limited), although I have to admit I do have a fear of a slippery slope. However, those people who do support them do not say, in conversation with me like JW did, that one day soon, that they and/or their master will start a holy war that will completely destroy modern civilisation, lay waste to everything and kill millions.
Supporters of euthanasia (at least in my experience) typically do not say they look forward to the disestablishment of the current political, social, financial systems.