Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Invite "professional" apologists and theologians t

Post #1

Post by Jagella »

I'd love to see some Christians with degrees in theology and experience in apologetics, especially well-known people who have published books and engaged in formal debates, come to the forum to discuss and debate issues related to Christianity. Is it possible to attract such Christians to the forum? Inviting them would be a great boon to the forum, in my opinion.

Having well-known atheists and skeptics come to this forum would be really cool too.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Sounds good to me.

How about if some people can get a well-known skeptic to debate here, I'll then approach a well-known Christian to debate him?

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Jagella »

otseng wrote: Sounds good to me.

How about if some people can get a well-known skeptic to debate here, I'll then approach a well-known Christian to debate him?
Well, I can try Dan Barker or Matt Dillahunty as the skeptic. Can you try William Lane Craig, Frank Turek or John Lennox as the Christian apologist? I'd like a debate in which the members here can participate.

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

I'd rather invite the skeptic and apologist to debate head-to-head. I think that way they'd be more willing to participate. Most popular apologists are too busy to participate in anything else. However, we could perhaps open it up to a few questions from the audience at the end.

Any topics we should suggest for them to debate on?

As for list of apologists, I'll reach out to the below list. Even though it's a little dated, it is still a good list.
https://apologetics315.com/2009/06/100- ... pologists/

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Jagella »

otseng wrote: I'd rather invite the skeptic and apologist to debate head-to-head. I think that way they'd be more willing to participate. Most popular apologists are too busy to participate in anything else. However, we could perhaps open it up to a few questions from the audience at the end.
A Q&A would be good, and we members here could always cite the debate or critique it on other threads.
Any topics we should suggest for them to debate on?
We could have the debaters argue for and against the existence of the Christian god, but I'm open to other issues in apologetics.
As for list of apologists, I'll reach out to the below list. Even though it's a little dated, it is still a good list.
https://apologetics315.com/2009/06/100- ... pologists/
I see Kyle Butt on your list. I've emailed him and have spoken to him on the phone. I can ask him if either he or somebody he knows can debate on the Christian side. He may even know an atheist who can argue against him.

I'll get back to you.