Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Rescind the "don't say they're lying rule."

Post #1

Post by Jagella »

I think we should have freedom to tell the truth--not freedom to lie. Because of the don't-tell-them-they're-lying rule, people here are perfectly free to lie while anybody who calls them on those lies gets in trouble! The truth is that people do lie, and to protect lies and punish truth is a truly ridiculous rule.

Besides, the rule is not applied fairly and consistently. I was called a liar, and even after I pointed that fact out along with proof that I didn't lie, NOTHING was done about it.

So let's be fair, truthful, and sensible, and let's see the end of a really absurd rule.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

You are free to present truths and correct errors. You are not free to make judgments on another to call them a liar.

As to you being called a liar, can you provide a link to the post you are referring to?

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Jagella »

otseng wrote: You are free to present truths and correct errors. You are not free to make judgments on another to call them a liar.

As to you being called a liar, can you provide a link to the post you are referring to?
Nah. I've had it with your nonsense, Otseng. I'm out of here.

marco
Savant

Post #4

Post by marco »

Jagella wrote:
Nah. I've had it with your nonsense, Otseng. I'm out of here.
:warning: Moderator Final Warning

It is a pity you could not contain your adverse comments in civility. Thanks for your contributions, but you are on your way out now.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.