Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Matthew S Islam
Student

Is it possible to change my name?

Post #1

Post by Matthew S Islam »

Peace,

Pardon me if there was another thread or section set up for this, but is it possible to change my screen name to "Matthew S Islam" or "Matthew Islam"? I regret using this screen name because it requires me to explain that I'm a Muslim in every discussion. It might also mislead the other members by thinking they're receiving information by fellow-Christian.

If for some reason that isn't possible, could anyone be kind enough to explain how I could add information under my username like some of the other members? Perhaps that would be sufficient.

Thank you

tam
Savant

Post #2

Post by tam »

Peace to you!

I think there is a way for you to change your name (one of the moderators can confirm if so). But if you prefer, there is also a Muslim usergroup that you can join. Then it would state a few lines below your name that you are a Muslim. Same as it does for me, where it says Christian, a few lines under my username.

Matthew S Islam
Student

Post #3

tam wrote: Peace to you!

I think there is a way for you to change your name (one of the moderators can confirm if so). But if you prefer, there is also a Muslim usergroup that you can join. Then it would state a few lines below your name that you are a Muslim. Same as it does for me, where it says Christian, a few lines under my username.
I actually just noticed that it says "Sunni Islam" under my location in Desktop Mode, so that's good. I still wouldn't mind the name change though if it's not too much trouble for a Mod.

Thanks

Matthew S Islam
Student

Post #4

I'll also give the subgroup a shot when I get a moment. I'm guessing you join through your profile settings or something? Pardon me I'm illiterate when it comes to this stuff.

Regards

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

Matthew S wrote:
tam wrote: Peace to you!

I actually just noticed that it says "Sunni Islam" under my location in Desktop Mode, so that's good. I still wouldn't mind the name change though if it's not too much trouble for a Mod.

Thanks
You can change your user name, but only once. Contact otseng, our forum host and one of our admins, via PM and he will address your request.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

otseng
Savant

Post #6

Post by otseng »

I've changed your username to Matthew S Islam and also added you to the Muslim usergroup.

Matthew S Islam
Student

Post #7

otseng wrote: I've changed your username to Matthew S Islam and also added you to the Muslim usergroup.
Appreciate it.