How to edit a post?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

harvey1
Prodigy

How to edit a post?

Post #1

Post by harvey1 »

The forum seems to have changed since I was here last. How can we edit a post? I use my phone nowadays and I'm not seeing that option. Thanks.
People say of the last day, that God shall give judgment. This is true. But it is not true as people imagine. Every man pronounces his own sentence; as he shows himself here in his essence, so will he remain everlastingly -- Meister Eckhart

otseng
Savant

Re: How to edit a post?

Post #2

Post by otseng »

You should see an edit button on the top right. If not, then some setting is not correct that I'll need to correct.

harvey1
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by harvey1 »

otseng wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:42 am You should see an edit button on the top right. If not, then some setting is not correct that I'll need to correct.

I see the Edit pen icon here in my above post, but I don't see it in a post in the Philosophy subforum and Christianity and Apologetics subforum that I responded to this morning.
People say of the last day, that God shall give judgment. This is true. But it is not true as people imagine. Every man pronounces his own sentence; as he shows himself here in his essence, so will he remain everlastingly -- Meister Eckhart

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

harvey1 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:57 am I see the Edit pen icon here in my above post, but I don't see it in a post in the Philosophy subforum and Christianity and Apologetics subforum that I responded to this morning.
I can't find a problem with the permissions. I even tried logging in as you on my dev forum and the edit button is there. However, there was a problem with viewing the forum from a phone. I've now fixed it, but it might require clearing your cache files.

Do you see the edit button now?
If not, can you try logging in from a computer and seeing if you can see the edit button?
Anybody else having this problem?

harvey1
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by harvey1 »

I can npw see the edit tool in Christianity & Apologetics, but can't see it in my post for Philosophy. I tried to log in with a computer but my password is not recognized. I'll try later. Thanks for your help.

harvey1
Prodigy

Post #6

Post by harvey1 »

I found that if a reply is made to my post that I'm able to then see the edit tool, but not before. So, one solution is to create a test post and then delete it. That allows me to edit a post.

otseng
Savant

Post #7

Post by otseng »

harvey1 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:49 am I found that if a reply is made to my post that I'm able to then see the edit tool, but not before. So, one solution is to create a test post and then delete it. That allows me to edit a post.
That is weird. I tried a test account and it was able to create a new thread and edit the post. Well, at least you have a workaround.