Moderators List

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

DavidLeon
Under Probation

Moderators List

Post #1

Post by DavidLeon »

There's a member who I would like to add on my foes list but I keep getting the message that I can't add administrators or moderators to that list. The member doesn't appear on the team listing as a moderator or administrator. Is this a bug?

Also, what is this? http://debatex.com/forum/index.php
I no longer post here

otseng
Savant

Re: Moderators List

Post #2

Post by otseng »

DavidLeon wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:22 pm There's a member who I would like to add on my foes list but I keep getting the message that I can't add administrators or moderators to that list. The member doesn't appear on the team listing as a moderator or administrator. Is this a bug?
PM me and I'll dig into it.
It's fixed now. The domain debatex.com is supposed to be a shortcut to debatingchristianity.com.

DavidLeon
Under Probation

Post #3

Post by DavidLeon »

otseng wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:21 pmIt's fixed now. The domain debatex.com is supposed to be a shortcut to debatingchristianity.com.
I was thinking maybe it was some sort of backup, like if this one went wonky you could just put that one up without much hassle or losing anything. Then I thought maybe it would double your advertising revenue. But what I'm really curious about is how you do it. It doesn't appear to be just another domain name for the same website. It doesn't appear to be current as in a post is made here and appears there. Maybe the value would be in the domain name itself? I don't know much about that sort of thing. Why would a domain name be a good shortcut to another domain name?
I no longer post here

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

DavidLeon wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:46 am Maybe the value would be in the domain name itself? I don't know much about that sort of thing. Why would a domain name be a good shortcut to another domain name?
Both domains point to the exact same code, so they both have identical content. But, debatex.com is only intended to be a redirection to debatingchristianity.com to just have a faster way to type in the browser. Nobody should be able to browse the site with debatex as the url. How did you find the url - http://debatex.com/forum/index.php ?

DavidLeon
Under Probation

Post #5

Post by DavidLeon »

otseng wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:38 am
DavidLeon wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:46 am Maybe the value would be in the domain name itself? I don't know much about that sort of thing. Why would a domain name be a good shortcut to another domain name?
Both domains point to the exact same code, so they both have identical content. But, debatex.com is only intended to be a redirection to debatingchristianity.com to just have a faster way to type in the browser. Nobody should be able to browse the site with debatex as the url. How did you find the url - http://debatex.com/forum/index.php ?
I, uh ... aheh ... months ago I was doing some casual research on a regular poster. An old friend here who I was familiar with from other forums.
Search criteria being "posted by _________." At the time we were having a discussion here that was exactly the same as we had had some time ago on another forum and I couldn't remember the screen name I had used. I was looking for myself as well as him. I just discovered that he had an interest in math, Game Of Thrones, classical music and I discovered that domain as well.
I no longer post here